Question about how my computer is connected to router.

Ryder1329

So my mom has my computer linked to the Valerie website which can tell her when it is online. I think it is connected by mac address because when she was connecting it she asked for my mac address. I changed my mac address, so I am wondering will my mom not be able to control or see when it is online anymore unless she gets my new mac address?

2 hours ago, Ryder1329 said:

So my mom has my computer linked to the Valerie website which can tell her when it is online.

So, looking it up, the Valerie is the name of the router you get with Virgin internet plans. The router will show all devices connected to it. If you change the mac address a different mac address will show in the list of connected devices, but it will still show.

Your parent(s) are likely monitoring your internet usage for a good reason. If you don't want want them monitoring when you are using the internet then that's a discussion you should have with them.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 hours ago, Ryder1329 said:

So my mom has my computer linked to the Valerie website which can tell her when it is online. I think it is connected by mac address because when she was connecting it she asked for my mac address. I changed my mac address, so I am wondering will my mom not be able to control or see when it is online anymore unless she gets my new mac address?

Trying to circumvent your mom's parental control will only justify the decision to enable it in the first place. 

If you want more freedom with how you use your computer you need to build trust. This is doing the opposite. 

I hope your mom finds out that you are trying to lie and fool her. I would be very disappointed if I were her.