IS Windows Update important?

OoDobyoO_CN

Hi! Recently I just saw a new Windows 10 update 21H1 and I know in this new version has many new features, so do I need to update it?

Do something that I need to do.

MUG Player osu! | Polytone | Muse Dash | Arcaea | Cytus II | Phigros | Taiko | BMS | Orzmic | Deemo | Lanota ...

High-school student from China

You don't need to upgrde now, but your gonna want to upgrade soon ish, as as the current version of windows your on only has support for 18 months, or 1 year max.

BUt 21h1 is a pretty minor update, update should be pretty seamless.

No, but it is recommended to allow the updates to occur naturally.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

i never force Windows updates. just let your PC update to it when it's ready.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Nah not that important and depending on your hardware it can break stuff more often than fixing things, so make the decision carefully

It depends. I just set up a business client who uses some weird software. That software needs Windows to be as updated as possible (why, I'll never know). So for them, I just left Windows Update settings default, save for setting up specific windows of time where updates can occur without interrupting the client. But for family members, and myself, I typically disable Windows Update all together. Mostly because they just use it for general browsing and such, and don't need it up to date. This way, I don't get a phone call every other week from a grandparent "everything is different, the dog is on fire, help!" I just don't think Windows needs to be updated like it wants to. I know, "sEcuRiTy uPDaTeS" But I don't think they're a big deal unless you're a business that can be targeted. I say this because as long as you have good A/V, a good adblocker, and a good VPN, it's fine. I mean, I've never had issues before (nor has any of my family I've setup the same way). So I guess your mileage may vary.

But anyway, that wall of text out of the way...you're prolly fine just leaving Windows Update to its default settings.

is think people just jump the gun and say you need it updated or els. i ask for help before and they refused to help me until i got windows 10 and install updates. until you no what each update dose and what it helps with or brakes things should be the talk instead of just update it.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 5/22/2021 at 9:12 AM, Electronics Wizardy said:

You don't need to upgrde now, but your gonna want to upgrade soon ish, as as the current version of windows your on only has support for 18 months, or 1 year max.

BUt 21h1 is a pretty minor update, update should be pretty seamless.

Yeah but the update message is annoying and I only can pause update for 7 days

Do something that I need to do.

MUG Player osu! | Polytone | Muse Dash | Arcaea | Cytus II | Phigros | Taiko | BMS | Orzmic | Deemo | Lanota ...

High-school student from China

8 minutes ago, OoDobyoO_CN said:

Yeah but the update message is annoying and I only can pause update for 7 days

Then id install the update. Its pretty minor for a feature update.