AC Dust Filter as a PC Dust filter

so... i found an AC filter my junk pile and i was like "Hey, this could be better than that crappy dust filter they gave me with the case" which is this http://www.acousticpc.com/images/a_ok_gear_120mm_metal_fan_filter_mid_hole.jpg

so instead of waiting for dust to accumulate and found out that i had a great idea or a bad one...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yOalfNJwBxA/T_so7yVQPoI/AAAAAAAAAA4/Qyydh2UGdr4/s1600/pic4.jpg <-- (AC dust filter)

has anyone tried this? xD

I haven't tried such a big filter, but I have definitely looked into using women's nylons to patch up smaller air holes. 

If you are looking to just filter a 120 or 140mm fan intake/exhaust, Silverstone makes an excellent filter.

If you could get a bigger part or remove the plastic it would be perfect. I tried many, nylon mesh works the best and is washable. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

If you could get a bigger part or remove the plastic it would be perfect. I tried many, nylon mesh works the best and is washable. 

well i did shave off the plastic so it could fit snugly on the latches i just hope it works in a month @_@ my country is the dustiest piece of island in the world.... maybe

well i did shave off the plastic so it could fit snugly on the latches i just hope it works in a month @_@ my country is the dustiest piece of island in the world.... maybe

It's dusty here too. One of the main reasons that no one uses carpets too.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)