PC is doing the boogie woogie (BIOS and boot issues)

Specifications: 

CPU -  AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Motherboard - MSI B550M MORTAR (no wifi version)

RAM - Corsair 16GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance RGB PRO Series

System - Windows 10 Home 64bit, x64 platform

Hard Drive - SAMSUNG 860 EVO sata 6gb/s (500GB)

GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING, 8GB GDDR5X (2nd hand, cca 2 years old)

PSU - Corsair RM750

BIOS -  American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.71

System age: 1 day

Built it myself

Some facts about the system: 

- The GPU is second hand, seller had it working perfectly

- MOBO required a BIOS flash for it to register my gpu

- I named it "Aležběta"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so:

Issue 1 - My pc refuses to boot into BIOS

- Here's what it does:

- Whenever I try to restart the PC and mash the F11 key, it either doesn't display anything (refer to issue 2), or it goes straight to the windows login.

- It refuses to go into BIOS even through UEFI

- Whenever i try to restart into UEFI, it doesn't give me any monitor signal (refer to issue 2), forcing me to restart through the case button. Once it restarts, it goes straight to Windows login

- Here's what I tried:

- I disabled the "Fast startup" (No change, straight to windows login or no signal)

Issue 2 - When I restart, usually there's no video signal on the first try

- Here's what it does:

- Whenever I turn the PC off and try to turn it on again, It usually says "No signal" on the monitor on the first try.

- The fans spin and the RGB lights up, aswell as the keyboard and mouse.

- I have to restart it a few more times to get a signal

- Here's what I tried:

- I updated windows and the gpu driver (Through device manager auto search. It says that it's up to date)

sorry for the bad english?

please help

IMG_20210521_120638.jpg

EDIT 1:
I reinstalled the GPU driver and that sort of fixed the issue 2. What I noticed, is that the PC will not boot if I mash the F11 or DEL key. If I leave it alone, It boots. UEFI still doesn't work

40 minutes ago, Abdykoitus said:

- Here's what it does:

- Whenever I try to restart the PC and mash the F11 key, it either doesn't display anything (refer to issue 2), or it goes straight to the windows login.

- Whenever i try to restart into UEFI, it doesn't give me any monitor signal (refer to issue 2), forcing me to restart through the case button. Once it restarts, it goes straight to Windows login

- Here's what I tried:

- I disabled the "Fast startup" (No change, straight to windows login or no signal)

Just to be clear you have tried to go to BIOS settings with this ? 

Also did you try the DEL button, most of the boards i have come across used the DEL button to go into BIOS.

43 minutes ago, Abdykoitus said:

Issue 2 - My pc refuses to boot into BIOS

- Here's what it does:

- Whenever I turn the PC off and try to turn it on again, It usually says "No signal" on the monitor on the first try.

- Here's what I tried:

- I updated windows and the gpu driver (Through device manager auto search. It says that it's up to date)

First use the DDU to wipe the drivers then instal the new one (yea windows says its fine but maybe there is some residue from the old one)

Also if i remember correctly that MOBO has a debug led, what lights are on when you get to a "no signal screen".

38 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

Just to be clear you have tried to go to BIOS settings with this ? 

Yes

39 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

Also did you try the DEL button, most of the boards i have come across used the DEL button to go into BIOS.

I tried this too - didn't work

39 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

First use the DDU to wipe the drivers then instal the new one

Wipe all the drivers, or just the MOBO driver?

40 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

what lights are on when you get to a "no signal screen".

There are no lights on on the "Ez Debug" when i get the no "No signal screen"

DDU is Display driver uninstaller so it will wipe the display drivers only.

Did you disabled quick boot? Maybe that will help.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:23 PM, Kadzo said:

DDU is Display driver uninstaller so it will wipe the display drivers only.

Did you disabled quick boot? Maybe that will help.

Sorry for the late reply

So i re-installed the GPU drivers and:

On 5/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, Abdykoitus said:

that sort of fixed the issue 2. What I noticed, is that the PC will not boot if I mash the F11 or DEL key. If I leave it alone, It boots. UEFI still doesn't work

19 hours ago, Abdykoitus said:

that sort of fixed the issue 2. What I noticed, is that the PC will not boot if I mash the F11 or DEL key. If I leave it alone, It boots. UEFI still doesn't work

I did some google-ing and found that some users solved this with the PS2 connected keyboard instead of USB, if you don`t have and old PS2 keyboard there are converters like this but i don` know where are you from and maybe try a local shop if you don` have access to amazon. 

17 hours ago, Kadzo said:

I did some google-ing and found that some users solved this with the PS2 connected keyboard instead of USB, if you don`t have and old PS2 keyboard there are converters like this but i don` know where are you from and maybe try a local shop if you don` have access to amazon. 

Can you link the discussion?

On 5/21/2021 at 5:08 AM, Abdykoitus said:

Specifications: 

CPU -  AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Motherboard - MSI B550M MORTAR (no wifi version)

RAM - Corsair 16GB KIT DDR4 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance RGB PRO Series

System - Windows 10 Home 64bit, x64 platform

Hard Drive - SAMSUNG 860 EVO sata 6gb/s (500GB)

GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING, 8GB GDDR5X (2nd hand, cca 2 years old)

PSU - Corsair RM750

BIOS -  American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.71

System age: 1 day

Built it myself

Some facts about the system: 

- The GPU is second hand, seller had it working perfectly

- MOBO required a BIOS flash for it to register my gpu

- I named it "Aležběta"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so:

- Here's what it does:

- Here's what I tried:

Issue 2 - When I restart, usually there's no video signal on the first try

- Here's what it does:

- Here's what I tried:

sorry for the bad english?

please help

IMG_20210521_120638.jpg

EDIT 1:
I reinstalled the GPU driver and that sort of fixed the issue 2. What I noticed, is that the PC will not boot if I mash the F11 or DEL key. If I leave it alone, It boots. UEFI still doesn't work

Many newer boards if you simply unplug the boot drive will go straight into the BIOS, I know the newer Asus boards will do that.

You can also force a boot default/error by simply pressing and holding the power button until it cuts off again on it's own, usually you have to do this two or three times before you get the "Overclocking failed - Press (Whatever) key to configure the BIOS" error message.
Either way you do it, once you get in you can make whatever changes you need to. Setting a harddrive delay value of about 5 seconds in boot options will usually give you enough time at the POST screen to get in once all is working.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

6 hours ago, Abdykoitus said:

Can you link the discussion?

Just click on the word THIS (<-- this is the link 😄

17 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Many newer boards if you simply unplug the boot drive will go straight into the BIOS, I know the newer Asus boards will do that.

You can also force a boot default/error by simply pressing and holding the power button until it cuts off again on it's own, usually you have to do this two or three times before you get the "Overclocking failed - Press (Whatever) key to configure the BIOS" error message.
Either way you do it, once you get in you can make whatever changes you need to. Setting a harddrive delay value of about 5 seconds in boot options will usually give you enough time at the POST screen to get in once all is working.

I'm already past the first boost, and I don't want to reinstall windows again. Is there some other way? Also forcing a boot error/default doesn't work or maybie I'm doing it wrong. Can you elaborate on how to do it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, Kadzo said:

It didn't work

On 5/25/2021 at 1:19 AM, Beerzerker said:

This didn't work either

Further more, I noticed that the pc still "Boots" is in "The EZ Debug leds don't light up". It just has no display output for some reason