Were to go to find a GPU at or Near MSRP 3080,3090

ELSknutson

Were to go to find a GPU at or Near MSRP 3080,3090 or 3080ti once its released. 

I am starting a new build and have the money available now to buy a hi end card preferably from Nvidia because I plan on water cooling the card and blocks are more available for the Nvidia cards.  Also since I am planning on water cooling the card I would preferer a reference style PCB if possible but at this point anything will do.  What is the best way to tackle finding a card in this dystopian landscape?  I am in Tampa and the nearest Micro Center is a 6 1/2 hr drive. So I am limited to On-line, Staples, Walmart, Best Buy and holding someone at gun point.  Is there stock checkers or anything else I can use to find a card besides playing Linus in a game of 1v1 Mortal Kombat? 

9 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Were to go to find a GPU at or Near MSRP 3080,3090 or 3080ti once its released. 

I am starting a new build and have the money available now to buy a hi end card preferably from Nvidia because I plan on water cooling the card and blocks are more available for the Nvidia cards.  Also since I am planning on water cooling the card I would preferer a reference style PCB if possible but at this point anything will do.  What is the best way to tackle finding a card in this dystopian landscape?  I am in Tampa and the nearest Micro Center is a 6 1/2 hr drive. So I am limited to On-line, Staples, Walmart, Best Buy and holding someone at gun point.  Is there stock checkers or anything else I can use to find a card besides playing Linus in a game of 1v1 Mortal Kombat? 

I would suggest watching this stream so you can see when things are in stock. When things are in stock the links are posted in the chat but I would suggust you join his discord server (in the description of the stream) to sign up for alerts for the cards you want. Just make sure you have desktop notifications on for discord.

As soon as something comes in stock you will be notified then you can click on the link that is provided. You have a way better chance do this instead of just refreshing any page. Grab any card you can and make sure you are logged in and have all your shipping and creit/debit information filled so you can just hit add to card go to your cart and buy it.

I promise this works. I have clicked on the links before just to see if the things are actually in stock and they have been. I have not bought any of them though because I do not have the money. But sometimes you will go to page and it will be sold out. Best of luck. 

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

6 minutes ago, BoxTurtle said:

I would suggest watching this stream so you can see when things are in stock.

About that, there's a drop coming from bestbuy where you should be able to find one at MSRP. Apparently that may be the best shot you have at getting a gpu.

image.png.eacf01113ef664eb34659a339c6ac62a.png

I know not everyone likes them, and I do have my qualms over some of the stupid bundling, but Newegg Shuffle got me my 3060 a couple weeks ago.  I did end up winning a slot for a bundle with a PSU, but it was one that didn't end up having a ton of lousy reviews, and I needed something beefier anyway.  Definitely a YMMV situation...

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

26 minutes ago, CrowTheRobot said:

I know not everyone likes them, and I do have my qualms over some of the stupid bundling, but Newegg Shuffle got me my 3060 a couple weeks ago.  I did end up winning a slot for a bundle with a PSU, but it was one that didn't end up having a ton of lousy reviews, and I needed something beefier anyway.  Definitely a YMMV situation...

Ya I am on there but the 3080's and 3090's don't show up on there as often as the lower end stuff. So it makes it that much more difficult. 

Depends where you are in the World, mate. Here in Australia, every now and then cards pop up on Amazon for MSRP-or-so (I could've bought a 3090 a couple of months ago, but decided to hang fire for now...).

I think one needs either to keep one's ear to the ground, and/or (per Shaun of the Dead) "wait for this all to blow over".