Earbuds/IEM recommendation for around €250

Codebreaker

Currently I have TaoTronics TT-BH21 and I am happy with them. The problem is that I work 12h a day and I'm using these headphones all that time and I'm starting to get a permanent slit on my hair. 

Because of that I'm looking to upgrade to something that does not go on my head. I'm assuming earbuds/IEMs are way to go? Basically these are my requirements:

1. It should to be wireless if possible. I could deal with wired earphones since I'm siting in one place but all of them that I've had you could hear every time the cable moved. Maybe things have changes since then.
  2. If wireless - battery should last at least 12h on a single charge even after a couple of years of use if possible.
  3. It should be comfortable for 12h daily use.
  4. It should drown-out kids playing (screaming) when I have an open window.
  5. No microphone needed. 
  6. I'm not an audiophile so sound should be good enough.

Things that I am reading is that IEM are better then earbuds but most of them are wired as far as I know. Maybe I could get bluetooth to 3.5mm adapter if the cable sound is minimal? 

What are your recommendations? 

6 hours ago, Codebreaker said:

Things that I am reading is that IEM are better then earbuds

What a load of bullshit. Earbuds are better because of comfort and they don't go in to the earcanal. IEM is most of the time uncomfortable. I have earbuds which lasts me very long.

You basically want ANC? (Active Noise Canceling) which blocks the envoirenment sounds like kids screaming like little bastards?

What about Sony WF-1000XM3? I do not like IEM at all but this one is truely one of a kind and the only IEM I have so far.

It blocks the sounds so you might not hear those tiny humans screaming and the sound is very good too.

I'm not sure if there are IEM that lasts atleast 12h on a single charge. The WF XM3 lasts 6h but it has the charging case included so it will be up 18h if I'm correct.

Only headphones can have more than 12h battery runtime.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 hours ago, CTR640 said:

What a load of bullshit. Earbuds are better because of comfort and they don't go in to the earcanal. IEM is most of the time uncomfortable. I have earbuds which lasts me very long.

You basically want ANC? (Active Noise Canceling) which blocks the envoirenment sounds like kids screaming like little bastards?

What about Sony WF-1000XM3? I do not like IEM at all but this one is truely one of a kind and the only IEM I have so far.

It blocks the sounds so you might not hear those tiny humans screaming and the sound is very good too.

I'm not sure if there are IEM that lasts atleast 12h on a single charge. The WF XM3 lasts 6h but it has the charging case included so it will be up 18h if I'm correct.

Only headphones can have more than 12h battery runtime.

as a person who owns a good amount of buds and IEMS. and I explored buds for a good amount of time as well even getting into thai custom buds looking for bassy earbuds. the proper tips and shape either buds or IEMs or buds could be both very comfortable.  and know a few people that dont find buds comfy for the most part mainly cause their concha shape can't support the shape of the buds.

9 hours ago, Codebreaker said:

What are your recommendations? 

while its doesnt have anc but has near the amount of batterry life you want the galaxy buds plus is pretty great after you eq it and I cant hear anything if songs are playing

Just saying  but my gf got the samsung galaxy buds...pretty neat with nc...the bean shaped ones..me on the other hand...i got the JBL on the ear project rock headphones...those are the lightest things I ever had in my life and they are so confy...and you can use them wired if you want..and the sound is really good and is loud..i cant hear anyone at the gym...dont know if is your thing but i recommend them

The beans arent that good, ANC is kind of sub par and they are pretty cheaply made

IEM's tend to have better sound than earbuds and I tend to find them far more comfortable

18 hours ago, rice guru said:

as a person who owns a good amount of buds and IEMS. and I explored buds for a good amount of time as well even getting into thai custom buds looking for bassy earbuds. the proper tips and shape either buds or IEMs or buds could be both very comfortable.  and know a few people that dont find buds comfy for the most part mainly cause their concha shape can't support the shape of the buds.

while its doesnt have anc but has near the amount of batterry life you want the galaxy buds plus is pretty great after you eq it and I cant hear anything if songs are playing

You're probably right. The standard silicone tips for the WF XM3 were fine though but if sweating, I had to re-adjust them.

Once I tried the rubber tips, they no longer have to be re-adjusted anymore.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I'm actually currently running a setup that fits almost all the criteria: Sennheiser IE300s with Spinfit CP145 eartips, a Linsoul cable, and a Fiio BTR5 Bluetooth DAC/amp.

• Wireless: The BTR5 functions over Bluetooth, so there's that. The whole setup is just the IEMs with a cable running down to a pack-of-gum-sized box on my belt (or in my pocket, or wherever else is convenient).
  • Quiet Cable: This is called cable microphonics, and if a cable has bad microphonics that generally just means it's a crap cable. Very compliant braided cables tend to be very quiet. It's best to get IEMs with a removable cable.
  • Battery Life: The BTR5 can last 12h, though if it's constantly outputting then it's probably more like 4-5h. Thing is, unlike "true wireless" ear buds, you can just plug it into your PC when you sit down and charge it while you use it. You generally shouldn't have to run out of battery.
  • Noise Isolation: IEMs are better than pretty much any other form of headphone/earphone for this. Even if there's no ANC (mine don't have it), foam tips are quite literally ear plugs. The silicone tips I'm using aren't as isolating as most foam tips, but it's still fantastic.

I focus a bit on sound quality, so my setup isn't what's strictly necessary. You could get away with much cheaper IEMs and a cheaper Bluetooth DAC/amp (BTR3 is probably good, for one). Most important parts are to get the right ear tips (this is different for every person, just gotta try some and figure out which ones actually remain comfortable indefinitely), get a good cable (for low microphonics), and IEMs that allow you to change the cable.

Could even bypass the need to run a cable down to the box with something like this: <https://www.fiio.com/lcbt2>

Maybe it's just my bias, but I suggest avoiding true wireless, they're basically just super expensive and disposable ('cause of the tiny integrated lithium-ion batteries).

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Thank you all for your recommendations!

@Dash Lambda I really like your setup.

Looking at the review for Fiio BTR5 they are very positive so I'm going to get that. I could get it for €120

Regarding IEM, Sennheiser IE300 are over my budget so I was looking at something like Fiio FH3 and they seem ok. Any experience with them?

What exact Linsoul cable do you have? 

2 hours ago, Codebreaker said:

Thank you all for your recommendations!

@Dash Lambda I really like your setup.

Looking at the review for Fiio BTR5 they are very positive so I'm going to get that. I could get it for €120

Regarding IEM, Sennheiser IE300 are over my budget so I was looking at something like Fiio FH3 and they seem ok. Any experience with them?

What exact Linsoul cable do you have?

Awesome!

I don't have any experience with the Fiio FH3, though from the talk I've seen there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them. Apparently they're pretty bassy.

As for the cable, this is the one I got . It doesn't make a whole lot of noise and it's compliant enough that it doesn't really get in the way. Looks like the stock cable for the FH3 has a bent connector where the Linsoul connector is straight, not sure if that'll make a difference.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.