I'm dumpster diving for a cpu upgrade. Tell me what you think about these?

So yea, that's my current pc:

• CPU
    I5 3470
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte H61M-S2PV
  • RAM
    8GB DDR3 1333
  • GPU
    INNO GTX780 3GB
  • Case
    Aerocool
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD192 + WD Blue 500 + WD Caviar 1TB
  • PSU
    ModXstream OCZ 600W Modular

I'm thinking about an upgrade for a while now. My budget is 2200zł which is roughly 600 dollars and not a penny more.
    So, EXCLUDING the gpu. I managed to make a paper build like this.

pc.png.ba26bd7d48568c71f2ccf964e797596b.png

I would slap my 780 on this and that's that. But wait a minute, there's more. I just recently found youtube videos where they are testing cpu's like

3770, Xeon E5-2640 or ryzen 1200 af and from what i seen, they perform pretty well with a decent gpu. So maybe i could upgrade the cpu and memory for cheap. (basic ram sticks) and push for semi decent  gpu like rx 570 or 1050ti? 

I found an E5-2640 2.5Ghz for just 20 bucks, free shipping. I really don't know what should i do now. I don't expect any influx of money any time soon but the games i want to play are becoming unplayable. 
    If someone who used or uses similar components could share some light on everyday usage.

I do undertand i would have to buy  a new mobo for this xeon or ryzen. (second hand of course)

It's not a great upgrade really and thr prices are also not great. Combine that with intel and amd moving to new platforms I'd say find a cheap i7 2600, 2700, 3770 or xeon equivalent. Used all of these should be around 50$. Which would be the best budget upgrade for your. Your 780 is also not really that great and will be another issue in and of itself sooner rather than later. So I would just spend a small amount of money on your current system + maybe another 8gb of ram and then call it quits there for now.

The e5 is useless as you need a new board for it too.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's not a great upgrade really and thr prices are also not great. Combine that with intel and amd moving to new platforms I'd say find a cheap i7 2600, 2700, 3770 or xeon equivalent. Used all of these should be around 50$. Which would be the best budget upgrade for your. Your 780 is also not really that great and will be another issue in and of itself sooner rather than later. So I would just spend a small amount of money on your current system + maybe another 8gb of ram and then call it quits there for now.

The e5 is useless as you need a new board for it too.

3770 you say, well i could use it on my mobo, slap another 8gb of ram. Would have to buy some after market cooler, stock one, sucks dick. What about the gpu then, what could i pair with this 3770 to not overpay or lose performance?

24 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

3770 you say, well i could use it on my mobo, slap another 8gb of ram. Would have to buy some after market cooler, stock one, sucks dick. What about the gpu then, what could i pair with this 3770 to not overpay or lose performance?

Currently nothing as well prices are crap. But a 3770 or 2600 (really their difference is 5% so get whichever) sort of caps out around gtx 1060 6gb/rx480 to 980ti level of gpu performance (the 980ti really being the upper limit) at 1080p higher resolutions use more gpu power so then you get a better card.

is the 10100 avalible? That 3100 is $160, which is 60% above msrp

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 minutes ago, Downkey said:

It is and it's about 26$ cheaper.

Just now, centurion_08 said:

It is and it's about 26$ cheaper.

are there any decently priced b560/h510 boards avalible?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

The 3100 is also TRAY, which means it comes without cooler, so you'll spend extra on cooler. 

Can't you use Amazon UK or other online stores? 

That 3100 tray is around 115 UK pounds when converted to pounds... you can get 1600 AF (basically 6 core 2xxx series) with cooler for 122 pounds : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Processeur-AMD-RYZEN5-Socket-YD1600BBAFBOX/dp/B07XTQZJ28/

Just now, mariushm said:

The 3100 is also TRAY, which means it comes without cooler, so you'll spend extra on cooler. 

Can't you use Amazon UK or other online stores? 

That 3100 tray is around 115 UK pounds when converted to pounds... you can get 1600 AF (basically 6 core 2xxx series) with cooler for 122 pounds : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Processeur-AMD-RYZEN5-Socket-YD1600BBAFBOX/dp/B07XTQZJ28/

good find, i didnt see that!

geometry is hard
b550 > x570