How much will adding ram improve my laptops performance?

TheDuke203
Go to solution Solved by Downkey,
1 minute ago, TheDuke203 said:

I bought this laptop https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353209739944 it has a rtx 2060 (mobile) and i7 9750H cpu with only a single stick of 8gb single channel ram.

I know this will cause a large bottleneck in games like csgo and planetside 2, and I will gain like 30%+ fps from it

But I am not sure if there is something else wrong because in csgo I have seen people get like 250 fps with a laptop of the same specs and settinngs in csgo wheras I get roughly 140 in fights(180ish when running around) with the same settings

I don't know whether adding another stick of ram will improve my performance it what it should be.

Also cpu is running at 4ghz while gaming and I do notice that both cpu and gpu never both hit 100%

And in benchmarks unigene heaven and cinebench the scores I get are very respectable

When I orignally purchased my laptop with a 1650 and 4600h, in Valorant I got around 120FPS - 144 in the range on all low. After adding a second stick, I now get 170 - 200 in the range. Adding a second stick for dual channel can help alot, especially in esports titles.

Excpect a 20 - 30% performance difference

I bought this laptop https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353209739944 it has a rtx 2060 (mobile) and i7 9750H cpu with only a single stick of 8gb single channel ram.

I know this will cause a large bottleneck in games like csgo and planetside 2, and I will gain like 30%+ fps from it

But I am not sure if there is something else wrong because in csgo I have seen people get like 250 fps with a laptop of the same specs and settinngs in csgo wheras I get roughly 140 in fights(180ish when running around) with the same settings

I don't know whether adding another stick of ram will improve my performance it what it should be.

Also cpu is running at 4ghz while gaming and I do notice that both cpu and gpu never both hit 100%

And in benchmarks unigene heaven and cinebench the scores I get are very respectable

1 minute ago, TheDuke203 said:

When I orignally purchased my laptop with a 1650 and 4600h, in Valorant I got around 120FPS - 144 in the range on all low. After adding a second stick, I now get 170 - 200 in the range. Adding a second stick for dual channel can help alot, especially in esports titles.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Cheers for the reply, Cheers for the info I hope that by the time I get my second stick the performance improves. Also as I currently have 1 stick of 2666mhz ram for i7 9750H is it worth selling it and geting two sticks of 3200 mhz?

12 minutes ago, TheDuke203 said:

Cheers for the reply, Cheers for the info I hope that by the time I get my second stick the performance improves. Also as I currently have 1 stick of 2666mhz ram for i7 9750H is it worth selling it and geting two sticks of 3200 mhz?

If you really want that extra performance go for it. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570