Hp Envy x360 vs Zenbook UX435

One of my friends is in the market to get a better laptop. He had a Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in1 with an i7. I recommend the hp envy x360 with either a 4500u or 4700u. His other friend recommended a zenbook UX435. These are his needs: 

- Touchscreen 

- good enough for Valorant

- within 1,299 CAD 

-Long battery life  

Professional advice: I wouldn't buy an HP product if you gave me the money to buy it with.

They use bottom-of-the-barrel parts and barely hold together until the warranty is up.

Buy anything else other than HP.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I've got the latest UX435EG and it's a brilliant laptop. The 11th gen i7 isn't the top of the range, but it is still very powerful, especially with the Xe graphics, and the MX450 dGPU gives it a nice boost when you need it, so it's handled light gaming no problem, plus anything else you need to do is extremely snappy. No complaints about battery life so far (interestingly, it came with a slightly larger battery than advertised), and both touchscreens are great. I was able to get mine for £1099, not sure what that would be in CAD, but it is usually £1299.

I can't say anything about the build quality of the HP, but the build quality of the ZenBook is great, it has a sturdy and light aluminium frame that just feels good. I have had 2 HPs in the past (granted, they were both lower end Pavilions and from 2014 and 2017) and build quality was acceptable. If you'd rather have a 16:10 screen though, the HP is the winner there, as the ZenBook is 16:9, although, again, no complaints there.

If I were you, I would also have a look at the latest Dell Inspirons, as they've just been refreshed with 11th gen CPUs. The models with dedicated GPUs don't have the Nvidia MX450 though, but the older, less powerful MX350.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB