GPU not detected after thermal paste

Today I decided to clean my laptop, re-applied thermal paste and cleaned the dust. So far the results are great, I saw temperatures dropping down -20%.

However I noticed that my nvidia GPU isn't getting detected. I noticed it when I tried to update the drivers and I was getting errors, I tried launching a game and it was using the intel gpu. From control panel I went to nvidia control panel but I couldnt open it because I was getting an error "An nvidia gpu was not detected on this system" nor I could install Nvidia Experience cause laptop can't detect a Nvidia GPU. I am pretty sure I re-applied thermal paste the same way I always do on my other laptops and desktop.

I tried booting it from safe mode but still can't find the GPU nor I can find it on device manager (I enabled to show hidden devices as well).

Here is a pic of what it looked BEFORE I applied thermal paste. I took a picture cause GPU looked kinda dirty? The laptop is the ROG GL752VW, a bit old but never had any issues with it. Both CPU and GPU have this "plastic thingy (I guess for protection when you apply thermal paste)" above the green area but on the GPU part, it looks like it's kinda ruined? Is it possible for me to remove that "plastic" protection and clean the green area the same way I clean GPU+CPU or am I gonna damage it even more?

I use Isopropyl 99% alcohol and for thermal paste I use the Artic MX-4.

gr1E54X.jpg