What is the best razer keyboard in your opinion?

KazooKiddo

I am currently planning to get a new keyboard and I have come down to two choices the Huntsman mini or the Blackwidow elite. 

Huntsman Mini:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HGFJL5K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2A1Y61A0UQ8PB&psc=1

Blackwidow Elite:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MVM94LY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A27UZHF4R1YWN7&psc=1

Thanks! 🙂

20 hours ago, KazooKiddo said:

I am currently planning to get a new keyboard and I have come down to two choices the Huntsman mini or the Blackwidow elite. 

Huntsman Mini:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HGFJL5K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2A1Y61A0UQ8PB&psc=1

Blackwidow Elite:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MVM94LY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A27UZHF4R1YWN7&psc=1

Thanks! 🙂

If your set on getting a Razer board then it comes down to form factor. If you can live without arrow keys, numpad, functions keys go with the mini. If you need those constantly there go with the Elite. Elite also has dedicated media controls which come in handy. I personally could never get use to using a function layer for my arrows keys that why I use a 65% board. If you go with the Elite I'd also grab a set their PBT keycaps since it doesn't come with them.

1 hour ago, Neumann_Joe said:

If your set on getting a Razer board then it comes down to form factor. If you can live without arrow keys, numpad, functions keys go with the mini. If you need those constantly there go with the Elite. Elite also has dedicated media controls which come in handy. I personally could never get use to using a function layer for my arrows keys that why I use a 65% board. If you go with the Elite I'd also grab a set their PBT keycaps since it doesn't come with them.

Thanks! I think I will go with the Huntsman mini for the clean aethetic and I don't need the numpad, arrow keys and function keys.

1 minute ago, KazooKiddo said:

Thanks! I think I will go with the Huntsman mini for the clean aethetic and I don't need the numpad, arrow keys and function keys.

Cool and since it has a remove cable you can always change it out for a different color or a coiled one in the future.

I am searching for a new prebuilt keyboard and I am looking for a full razer setup.

Just now, Debenzor said:

huntsman mini

I thought the rattle on the spacebar was a problem is it for you?

I am planning to get it and I think its pretty good what do you think!

I own this exact keyboard. Personally, the Razer Synapse program can be kind of a bitch, and don't even bother trying to create custom RGB patterns. Just download the .ChromeEffects files from the internet and import them. However the custom key mapping capabilities, although having also existed for years on many other keyboards, is still very nice to use. Just remember to open up Synapse and change profiles when you change games. For example by default the media keys don't do anything, just act as F# keys. And for the life of me I don't believe it even has a F# toggle like most laptops do. 

But by far my biggest problem is the switches. The activation point, so the amount of distance you need to push down before a signal is sent, is so incredibly small than you cant even rest a finger on the board without the keyboard sends some input. The amount of force is so low, that if you have just one of your fingers not really doing anything in a game, or your just laying back, well I hope that random keypress doesn't kill you because it has for me. I have been holding a corner in CS:GO with an AWP. And I get a little to lax on my fingers and my left pointer finger drops a little bit, hitting the D key and I peek right. I wasn't going to peek then, so I didn't' realize what happened until I was sniped down by another AWPer who was holding the opposite corner. 

But otherwise the keyboard is great. Average switch quality and sound IMO, great looks, incredibly easy to clean (except for like the spacebar, shifts and enter, which require a lot more effort to safely remove, but its worth it), and so far none of the wait has worn off. I have been using that keyboard daily anywhere from 4 to 12 hours a day since January. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

2 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

I own this exact keyboard. Personally, the Razer Synapse program can be kind of a bitch, and don't even bother trying to create custom RGB patterns. Just download the .ChromeEffects files from the internet and import them. However the custom key mapping capabilities, although having also existed for years on many other keyboards, is still very nice to use. Just remember to open up Synapse and change profiles when you change games. For example by default the media keys don't do anything, just act as F# keys. And for the life of me I don't believe it even has a F# toggle like most laptops do. 

But by far my biggest problem is the switches. The activation point, so the amount of distance you need to push down before a signal is sent, is so incredibly small than you cant even rest a finger on the board without the keyboard sends some input. The amount of force is so low, that if you have just one of your fingers not really doing anything in a game, or your just laying back, well I hope that random keypress doesn't kill you because it has for me. I have been holding a corner in CS:GO with an AWP. And I get a little to lax on my fingers and my left pointer finger drops a little bit, hitting the D key and I peek right. I wasn't going to peek then, so I didn't' realize what happened until I was sniped down by another AWPer who was holding the opposite corner. 

But otherwise the keyboard is great. Average switch quality and sound IMO, great looks, incredibly easy to clean (except for like the spacebar, shifts and enter, which require a lot more effort to safely remove, but its worth it), and so far none of the wait has worn off. I have been using that keyboard daily anywhere from 4 to 12 hours a day since January. 

Is it nice to type on?

Ok to fix my first paragraph. The media keys don't seem to do anything by default. Instead I had to go into synapse and create custom binds for the keys. So for example I bound F1 to mute, F2 to volume down, and F3 to volume up, and F4 as F5 because I tend to use F5 a lot in my non-gaming tasks and the F5 media key is assigned to backtrack. F6 to pause/play, and F7 to fast forward. But I also play games where the F# keys are used a lot and I need to Alt+Tab out of the game to open up synapse and go back to a completely blank profile (with RGB) and then get back to the game. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

1 minute ago, Nathanpete said:

Ok to fix my first paragraph. The media keys don't seem to do anything by default. Instead I had to go into synapse and create custom binds for the keys. So for example I bound F1 to mute, F2 to volume down, and F3 to volume up, and F4 as F5 because I tend to use F5 a lot in my non-gaming tasks and the F5 media key is assigned to backtrack. F6 to pause/play, and F7 to fast forward. But I also play games where the F# keys are used a lot and I need to Alt+Tab out of the game to open up synapse and go back to a completely blank profile (with RGB) and then get back to the game. 

But are the opto mechanical switches easy and fast to type on? And sastisfiyng

9 minutes ago, KazooKiddo said:

Is it nice to type on?

Ehhh, kind of. Very mediocre typing. But better than any non-mechanical keyboard IMO. But being this size, the keys are kinda close to each other and it is sometimes easy to fat-finger something. And if your works requiring zero typos or would be massively inhibited by typos, don't get this model or get one with different switches because the random key inputs from the miniscule activation point will harm you. 

2 minutes ago, KazooKiddo said:

But are the opto mechanical switches easy and fast to type on? And sastisfiyng

I can't speak on satisfying because my experience with mechanical keyboards isn't broad enough. It isn't unsatisfying, but I don't know how to rate it among its competitors because I have not had time with the competitors. 

But the switches are fast to type on. And pretty loud. Sometimes I fear my housemates just really hate the sound of it. But any earbuds or headphones, even when off, will block the sound. IDK what you mean by easy, because unless the springs or rubber is really fucking stiff I never have a hard time typing. But if that is what you are asking for, even if the springs where to get stiff the activation distance is so low you wouldn't have to put any more weight down for a signal to be sent. 

Forgot to mention, but it does look really good though, and the included USB-A to USB-C cable is nice and long. As in long distance, probably 5 feet, so enough that I need to use their included rubber cable tie to keep the cables hidden behind my desk, and the cable is of high quality and doesn't stick out the back of the keyboard in a funky way. Basically the USB-C socket is actually inlayed into the back of the keyboard by about 1.5 inches from the rear side. This means that the wide connector is hidden and that at the edge of the keyboard all you see is the wire, which is a very nice look that I wish more keyboard adopted. 

@KazooKiddoPersonally, I would give the keyboard 4 out of 5 stars. Not perfect, but the RGB is nice, the switches have one big problem, the RGB can be easily turned off in the included software, the cable is nice, it is easy to clean, and overall a good buy. I don't know enough about keyboards but I got mine from amazon for $115. But I know for a fact that if you were to message some keyboard connoisseur they could recommend a higher quality keyboard for under $100, just it doesn't include the software. I should mention that it also attempts to install 2 pieces of razor bloatware on top of Synapse, but they also get installed with any other razer device, and is easy to remove. It is nice that it is pretty separate from Synapse and they don't require each other. 

2 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

@KazooKiddoPersonally, I would give the keyboard 4 out of 5 stars. Not perfect, but the RGB is nice, the switches have one big problem, the RGB can be easily turned off in the included software, the cable is nice, it is easy to clean, and overall a good buy. I don't know enough about keyboards but I got mine from amazon for $115. But I know for a fact that if you were to message some keyboard connoisseur they could recommend a higher quality keyboard for under $100, just it doesn't include the software. I should mention that it also attempts to install 2 pieces of razor bloatware on top of Synapse, but they also get installed with any other razer device, and is easy to remove. It is nice that it is pretty separate from Synapse and they don't require each other. 

Thank you very much! I think I will get the Huntsman tkl I found a renewed one for 80. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Debenzor said:

huntsman mini

Is the spacebar rattle a problem.

I am planning to get the huntsman mini but I do not know if I should or not I have heard a lot of stuff about the spacebar rattle but is it really that bad. I will be getting it used.

Razer isn't really known for their quality, or when something is decent it's generally overpriced. I'd probably look elsewhere.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Razer isn't really known for their quality, or when something is decent it's generally overpriced. I'd probably look elsewhere.

I found a refurb HUnman mini for 70 would thaat be a good deal and should I get it?

Just now, KazooKiddo said:

I found a refurb HUnman mini for 70 would thaat be a good deal and should I get it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Threads merged. You don't need to post 4 topics asking which Razer keyboard to buy. Please continue the discussion in this topic if you have any further questions about Razer keyboards.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 5/25/2021 at 9:32 AM, Spotty said:

Threads merged. You don't need to post 4 topics asking which Razer keyboard to buy. Please continue the discussion in this topic if you have any further questions about Razer keyboards.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, KazooKiddo said:

Thanks! 🙂

What is the best  keyboard that is between 0 to 130? Any company like the $50 to $70 ones.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, Nathanpete said:

Hi, I was wondering if you ever needed a wrist rest for the huntsman tkl.