MSIRGB Sofware Alternative Question

Zeredos
Go to solution Solved by Zeredos,
22 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i guess you dont have a choice then but to find some kind of 3rd party RGB controller but i dont have any idea which one will work. you could send MSI a message or wait until Weds. when they will do a livestream on facebook and twitch to go over whatever product they are going to go over.

Appears so, thanks for your help and time!

Hello! i've recently built my first PC and like many am new to the world of taming the rainbow, i was wondering if anyone knows if it supports B550 Boards? i've checked their compatibility lists and saw nothing newer than B450/x470. I do NOT want to download MSI Dragon Center/Mystic light as i've heard bad things, also i've seen they don't seem to be updated anyways. I also looked at JacknetRGB Sync, but it still require you to download Dragon Center.

Mobo:
MSI B550 A-PRO

If anyone has anything for MSI RGB control outside of the official software that does NOT require official software please let me know!
Thanks!

MSI dragon center hasnt been updated because its been discontinued as far as i can tell. you can contact MSI now as they have a live chat on their site that is open as i type this. i believe the new program is called MSI center which will allow everything to be run.

as for another program i think it would mainly depend on what RGB products you have because some dont like to work with each other or conflict.

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

MSI dragon center hasnt been updated because its been discontinued as far as i can tell. you can contact MSI now as they have a live chat on their site that is open as i type this. i believe the new program is called MSI center which will allow everything to be run.

as for another program i think it would mainly depend on what RGB products you have because some dont like to work with each other or conflict.

Thank you, from what i can tell it does appear to be a better dragon center, however my board is not supported with Mystic Light apparently so it looks like i'm left with third party options if even possible.

Here's what spews rainbow in my system:
4x Phanteks SK120mm DRGB Fans
G.Skill Memory
EVGA GPU with RGB logo (though i'm pretty sure that's only a precision x1 exclusive)

Dunno if there'd be something out there that could run those things, but if there is please let me know!

1 minute ago, Zeredos said:

Thank you, from what i can tell it does appear to be a better dragon center, however my board is not supported with Mystic Light apparently so it looks like i'm left with third party options if even possible.

Here's what spews rainbow in my system:
4x Phanteks SK120mm DRGB Fans
G.Skill Memory
EVGA GPU with RGB logo (though i'm pretty sure that's only a precision x1 exclusive)

Dunno if there'd be something out there that could run those things, but if there is please let me know!

do you still have the box the board came in? some companies put what RGB controling software will or might work on the box art.

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

do you still have the box the board came in? some companies put what RGB controling software will or might work on the box art.

I checked and nothing stating it's compatible, but i always figured that was just for the motherboard RGB itself not that they aren't compatible with the software all together.

5 minutes ago, Zeredos said:

I checked and nothing stating it's compatible, but i always figured that was just for the motherboard RGB itself not that they aren't compatible with the software all together.

i guess you dont have a choice then but to find some kind of 3rd party RGB controller but i dont have any idea which one will work. you could send MSI a message or wait until Weds. when they will do a livestream on facebook and twitch to go over whatever product they are going to go over.

22 minutes ago, tdkid said:

2 minutes ago, Zeredos said:

you are welcome and seriously. come and join the MSI livestream on weds. so you can ask whatever question you want.