BSOD + strange temps

Ok, so I have a system with 2 nvme boot drives with linux and windows installed. The linux install will freeze up and the windows install will Bluescreen if I do anything more then browse the web or watch a movie. Since 2 installs on different drives are experiencing issues, I suspect the issue is at a hardware level. The only thing I have been able to find that is out of place is the CPU Temps reported by the motherboard. I am using Open Hardware Manager to get the temps and under the CPU section all core temps look normal (30-55C depending on usage) but under the mother board section it reports 2 of the temps at 10C and 1 of them at -2C. Bellow I have listed my components and  a screenshot with the temps (light load). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard: msi z390 gaming plus

CPU: i7-9700k

Cooler: NH-D15S

RAM: 2x16GB 3600MHz OLOy

GPU: RTX 2080

SSD1: WD Blue 250GB NVMe (Windows install)

SSD2: WD Black 500GB NVMe (Linux install)

HDD: 2x 4TB

PSU: 850w EVGA 

image.png.cfe37fa67c553240525e92dc18d4b41b.png

1 hour ago, CWALD said:

linux install will freeze up

Yup, hardware. *nix is very unforgiving of bad hardware.

1 hour ago, CWALD said:

windows install will Bluescreen

If you can find the mini dumps, upload them here, I can deconstruct them and pinpoint what's going on.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you can find the mini dumps, upload them here, I can deconstruct them and pinpoint what's going on.

Go for it. This one is from earlier today. I had to zip it up in order for it to upload. Thank you!

Minidump 051421-6750-01.zip

5 hours ago, CWALD said:

Go for it. This one is from earlier today. I had to zip it up in order for it to upload. Thank you!

Minidump 051421-6750-01.zip 283.39 kB · 0 downloads

With a single minidump, it's difficult to say exactly what is going on, but in that crash dump, Chrome crashed

You are getting an 07f exception_double_fault

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x7f--unexpected-kernel-mode-trap#:~:text=A double fault can occur,back in%2C the stack overflows.

__

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault).  The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
        use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
        use .trap on that value
Else
        .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
        (on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: ffffa68013670e70
Arg3: fffff20c3cdd8fb0
Arg4: fffff80669204b10

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

PROCESS_NAME:  chrome.exe
__

Test your RAM with MemTest86

You can ensure your CPU is okay with this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@Radium_AngelThank you! before this I didn't even know BSOD could generate a report so I will be looking up how to read them this weekend. Between the motherboard and CPU I tend to suspect the motherboard just because of past issues with it. Unfortunately I don't have the budget to try a new one right now but I might try reseating everything and moving the ram over to the other two slots. Thanks again 🙂 

1 minute ago, CWALD said:

@Radium_AngelThank you! before this I didn't even know BSOD could generate a report so I will be looking up how to read them this weekend. Between the motherboard and CPU I tend to suspect the motherboard just because of past issues with it. Unfortunately I don't have the budget to try a new one right now but I might try reseating everything and moving the ram over to the other two slots. Thanks again 🙂 

You are welcome

The program you need is something called "Windbg" and is part of MS toolkit, which you can get here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugger-download-tools

It's a little daunting to read, but it's very helpful to determine what is happening. Multiple crash dumps really help narrow down what is going on. If you need any further help, I'm around 🙂

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You are welcome

The program you need is something called "Windbg" and is part of MS toolkit, which you can get here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugger-download-tools

It's a little daunting to read, but it's very helpful to determine what is happening. Multiple crash dumps really help narrow down what is going on. If you need any further help, I'm around 🙂

This is awesome. I am recently unemployed so I have plenty of time to read. Thanks Again 🙂