I am looking to upgrade my GPU

Anubizzi

I got a B450 F Motherboard, a 5, 3600 Ryzen processor and right now a RX 580, my initial plan was a ROG Strix 3080, but people kept saying that it was a very high end card and wasn't worth the money for 1080 p gaming on ultra settings(all games). Do you guys have any recommendations for graphic cards?. I got an RX 580 4 GB right now. Thankful for tips and advice.

I would just wait. Prices are insane atm. You should be able to game okay atm on lower settings.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I am not sure how to reply to you Nick( Haven't used this forum before), I am just planning ahead, I don't have the economy to buy a GPU right now. I just wanna scout out my potential GPUs I can get. I am not going to pay more than something is worth. I am considering getting a new GPU in a year or two.

25 minutes ago, Anubizzi said:

I am not sure how to reply to you Nick( Haven't used this forum before), I am just planning ahead, I don't have the economy to buy a GPU right now. I just wanna scout out my potential GPUs I can get. I am not going to pay more than something is worth. I am considering getting a new GPU in a year or two.

you should get a 3060 ti or 3070

What is the main difference between 3060 TI and the Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC? @BLT_Sharpies

3 minutes ago, Anubizzi said:

What is the main difference between 3060 TI and the Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC? @BLT_Sharpies

I dont think theres a big differnece. For me personaly, I dont care what type 3060 ti.

Okay, cause I would like to have the Rog Strix one, since I got a thermal glass sidepanel and want it to light up 😄 @BLT_Sharpies

1 hour ago, Anubizzi said:

Okay, cause I would like to have the Rog Strix one, since I got a thermal glass sidepanel and want it to light up 😄 @BLT_Sharpies

ya lol. RGB=more FPS

1 hour ago, Anubizzi said:

The differences between different cards of different manufacturers are usually small. In the range of 5-10% in performance.

Also, beefier / more expensive cards will be quieter under load. But even cheaper cards should perform pretty well out of the box, it just might be louder if the cooler is less powerful. 

So get the one you want / can afford / like the look of.

3060Ti would be very capable for 1080P, that is the sweet spot price/performance card. But like others have said, you might have to wait another 6 months + for availability / prices to return to normal.

I am unsure if I can fit a RTX 3060 TI OC in my case. since it has triple fans. I might be able to fit it if I remove one of the intake fans. Not the greatest of pictures I know. Does it look like an RTX 3060 TI OC Rog can fit?

Co20210514_141723.jpg

Can I fit an RTX 3060 TI OC Rog Strix in my case. I have attached a photo of it. I believe that the triple fan config will not fit together with my intake fans. any helpful insight is welcome.

Co20210514_141723.jpg

Threads merged and moved to the graphics card section.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Anubizzi said:

image.png.b89828e924a228b7a1b92927bc13b5d9.png

Reply Like this. If you want to buy in 1-2 years, then check again at that time.. Should be some new GPU's at that time. Or as others mentioned, you might even be able to buy a 3060 or 3070 without sacrificing your first born child

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

45 minutes ago, maartendc said:

The differences between different cards of different manufacturers are usually small. In the range of 5-10% in performance.

Also, beefier / more expensive cards will be quieter under load. But even cheaper cards should perform pretty well out of the box, it just might be louder if the cooler is less powerful. 

So get the one you want / can afford / like the look of.

3060Ti would be very capable for 1080P, that is the sweet spot price/performance card. But like others have said, you might have to wait another 6 months + for availability / prices to return to normal.

would it be fine for 1440p?

20 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

image.png.b89828e924a228b7a1b92927bc13b5d9.png

Reply Like this. If you want to buy in 1-2 years, then check again at that time.. Should be some new GPU's at that time. Or as others mentioned, you might even be able to buy a 3060 or 3070 without sacrificing your first born child

Ah thank you. that's very helpful!

1 hour ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

would it be fine for 1440p?

In Tomshardware's review it gets 110 FPS average (over 9 games) at 1440P. So  yes.

Unless you are looking to do 1440P 144Hz or something like that, in which case you need like a 3080. Which is in a completely different price class.

10 minutes ago, maartendc said:

In Tomshardware's review it gets 110 FPS average (over 9 games) at 1440P. So  yes.

Unless you are looking to do 1440P 144Hz or something like that, in which case you need like a 3080. Which is in a completely different price class.

yes but it will easily get 165 1440p if you lower settings.