Strange black marks on PCB next to VRM

Gs11

Are these black marks on right from VRM(red  rectangle) normal or should I be worry that something is too hot/wrong with PCB of graphic card?

I've putted heatsinks on VRM on left from blue squares, just didn't do it with these blue squares.From gamer nexus they called these blue squares- 8phase, picture in attachments.

12.jpg

62bc30990b2d77eab0f5b6b38df34e15_XL.jpg

Looks like flux. Someone might have refurbished that board in the past. Or, it failed QC so they repaired it before shipping it. It could also be thermal damage from excessive heat.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Thats just oil from the thermal pads.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

10 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Looks like flux. Someone might have refurbished that board in the past. Or, it failed QC so they repaired it before shipping it. It could also be thermal damage from excessive heat.

So if it  is thermal damage, I should stop using this card and check the tempratures with thermal laser measure?

Like SolarNova says, most likely it's oil from the pads used between those components (mosfets or power stages) and the heatsink. 

If this is the case, it's not a problem, it's not conductive, it can remain there on the board. You can try cleaning with isopropyl alcohol or acetone, but as I said, it won't hurt anything if it remains on the circuit board.

It doesn't look like flux to me. It would be a huge amount of flux if that was the case, and usually flux leaves more residue (it would look a bit gray or dark brown if they go with rosin based fluxes, not nearly transparent)