Learning Games for Kids

Demonic Donut

We bought my daughter (5 y/o) a tablet for Christmas and I'm looking to get some better quality educational games. She has some PBS Kids ones that aren't bad, but they aren't great either.

Looking for opinions from parents out there for additional options. I'm willing to pay for them, and would prefer the option to shell out a few dollars for better quality and no ads.
Reading and math/science are preferred. She has her ABCs and letter sounds down and is working on sounding out words etc. She also understands the basics of adding/subtracting by counting so I'd like to hone those skills as well.

If there are PC games as well, I'd love to hear those options. She's started to show interest in using, and not just watching, the computer. She just needs more practice with the mouse.

Thanks all!

Just gonna shout out Linus's ABCs of gaming. Physical book and not a tablet, but gotta make them a gamer when they are young. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

12 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Just gonna shout out Linus's ABCs of gaming. Physical book and not a tablet, but gotta make them a gamer when they are young. 

Definitely! I plan to buy that one for my younger's 2nd bday coming up. The older one has her ABCs down, though she likes any book.

She's already interested in gaming. She likes Super Mario, Mario Kart and participates in Smash Bros. I've been letting her play some Mechwarrior recently as well, but I want some educational games for her when she gets her tablet time.

6 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Mechwarrior

Hands down one of the best game series out there. 

As for the actual question the only ones I can think of are way too old to even be found at this point lol. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz