Witch motherboard is the best choice?

Go to solution Solved by Nanonerd78,
3 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

As far as I know, neither of those will support the 2600 - they only support 3000 and 5000 series.

Instead I'd recommend the B450i Gaming Plus (max or non-max) -- it's an excellent board and not too expensive.

yes this will work perfectly, but what if i get my hands on a Ryzen 3 3300x. cuz i was searching through ebay rn and saw a 3300x for $150 and for some dumb reason i was going to buy a Ryzen 5 2600 for $200.

I'm planning to make a Mini-itx, and i need it to be Mini-itx factor because i have to move from place to place every week. System mostly for gaming and for a little bit of streaming too, I will be using a Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1650 super, G.Skill ripjaws v series 32gb 3600mhz, 250GB M.2, 4TB seagate barracuda, Corsair h60 AIO, and i'm still deciding if to ether get a Coolermaster NR200 or a Silverstone SG13B. Either way im Having troubles deciding which motherboard i shall purchase, i've already settled between these two or if you guys have any other suggestion. (because of my budget plz make sure its not higher than $150)

As far as I know, neither of those will support the 2600 - they only support 3000 and 5000 series.

Instead I'd recommend the B450i Gaming Plus (max or non-max) -- it's an excellent board and not too expensive.

3 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

yes this will work perfectly, but what if i get my hands on a Ryzen 3 3300x. cuz i was searching through ebay rn and saw a 3300x for $150 and for some dumb reason i was going to buy a Ryzen 5 2600 for $200.

2 minutes ago, Nanonerd78 said:

It will work fine with a Zen 2 chip too

18 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Yeah. I'm not sure about the A520, but I would assume it's the same. The B550 definitely will not support Zen+ (2000 series). It's strictly Zen 2 and 3.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

32 minutes ago, Nanonerd78 said:

If you get the 3300X, the B450i gaming plus max should still be marginally better than the B550m/itx - however, it doesn't support PCIe 4.0 so it's up to you which tradeoff you want to make.

I'd also consider a different cooler - air cooling is typically a lot cheaper than AIO and will perform as well or better, as well as improving airflow around the motherboard which can be a major factor on these dense boards. A lot of people are recommending the Fuma 2 and Noctua C14S for that case, so I would go with something along those lines.

On 5/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, Grabhanem said:

If you get the 3300X, the B450i gaming plus max should still be marginally better than the B550m/itx - however, it doesn't support PCIe 4.0 so it's up to you which tradeoff you want to make.

I'd also consider a different cooler - air cooling is typically a lot cheaper than AIO and will perform as well or better, as well as improving airflow around the motherboard which can be a major factor on these dense boards. A lot of people are recommending the Fuma 2 and Noctua C14S for that case, so I would go with something along those lines.

Actually i'm going to use the Silverstone sg13b, which has no fans except a 1 fan placement for a AIO and from extensive research by some people on lan loc it shows that the corsair h60 is the best cooler in this situation (Here is the link to the article). Also the h60 absolutely SHREDS cooling performance compared to other well known 120mm AIOs, plus the h60 in my local best buy is 60 so its not much of an impact on my budget. But as you state, yes the option of air cooling the cpu will also benefit the motherboard, but i have found a little trick up someones sleeve that will let me have a bit more air flow than just 1 radiator fan. (LTRLY just zip tie a fan)