why would I care for USB-C with no thunderbolt

I was dumb enough to fall for this, I feel scammed. Cant find ANY use for a USB-C with no thunderbolt. Its 3.1 Gen 2. Cool speeds but what for? A fast usb hub? Who cares?

What can I use this for? Google only tells me about the difference between T3 and USB-C which I now know.

10Gb/Sec is useful for performance SSDs. It's also just a better standard physically than other USB formats, quite a lot more durable than micro B and reversible, more compact than USB A

Thunderbolt was a premium Intel standard until 2019, when it was added to the USB4 standard

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It's the future.

But nobody is really rushing to adapt it. So yeah other than just being a new usb port there is not much else about it.Thunderbolt has always basically used an existing port (previously it was the mini dp port) you have to read the specs to make sure you get it.

Any device that uses USB-C, like a fast USB stick or USB disk? Or for charging your phone? What's your use case for needing Thunderbolt?

It's normal for a USB port to not support TB, it's just that Thunderbolt 3 uses the same type of port (USB-C) and also happens to support USB.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I would care if I had a laptop, for future expandability.

I don't see the point of Thunderbolt on a desktop, though.

What device could possibly benefit from Thunderbolt on a Desktop PC, that exceed 10Gbps on the Type-C spec? Other than a RAID0 NAS filled with fast SSDs and external GPU, I can't think of anything the general consumer should care about.

But external GPU on a desktop? Would make no sense, unless this was a small form factor or something like an All-In-One kind of desktop.

As for a use for Type-C without thunderbolt ... 
A) The better, reversible connector is the major one for me.
B) VR. Headsets like the Oculus Quest 2, the Link cable is a Type-C to Type-C.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

15 minutes ago, MrPeluca said:

I was dumb enough to fall for this, I feel scammed. Cant find ANY use for a USB-C with no thunderbolt. Its 3.1 Gen 2. Cool speeds but what for? A fast usb hub? Who cares?

What can I use this for? Google only tells me about the difference between T3 and USB-C which I now know.

It really depends, 
My GPU also has a non-TB USB-C Port which actually carries a Displayport signal on top of data. Each device will implement USB-C as they deem best, power, data, sound, image...

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

You're looking at this a little wrong. We're in a transitional phase where you have multiple port types. Eventually you won't have anything but USB-C ports than find a use for it won't be a concern, it'll just be the norm. 

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

10Gb/Sec is useful for performance SSDs. It's also just a better standard physically than other USB formats, quite a lot more durable than micro B and reversible, more compact than USB A

Thunderbolt was a premium Intel standard until 2019, when it was added to the USB4 standard

would it be viable to use it for an ssd with another os?

2 hours ago, MrPeluca said:

would it be viable to use it for an ssd with another os?

If an external OS is practical for your uses, that could be something good.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It all depends on what you want from your port. I have a phone and headphones which charge with is usb c, and the phone is only usb 2 on the port. 

I can now use my 65w type c charger for my laptop of they on them if they run low on juice since they all use usb pd. 

My laptop is a ThinkPad e14 g2 (amd) and "only" have one type c port which only support usb 3, charging and dp 1.2. If I go to any conference room I just plug in the type c port there and get video, charge and microphones all hooked up with one single cable. 

That is the point, sure it would be nice with Thunderbolt....but I really don't know what I would need it for in reality in my work or personal life.

I got 2 displays (maybe can daisy chain the DP signal for dual 1080p), usb and charging. 

I love to have full size usb and hdmi too, gives me options. 

Usb c can be a tricky basterd somtiemes. Not all usb C ports provide display signal at all, or even usb 3. 

Without thunderbolt max is either usb 3

2 gen 2x2 or one display signal (on alt mode) + usb 3 and for som People that is not enough, especially if like my laptop only provides DP 1.2 and not 1.4 so daisy chain in high resolution displays is not really possible.