NVIDIA auto oc applying after uninstall and ddu

NguyenAirlines

Hi all, I tried out the auto oc in Geforce Experience but found it made my gpu perform about the same with much more heat generated. In Geforce I disabled the auto oc feature but when looking at my clocks and temps it seems to be still enabled. I uninstalled Geforce and DDUed by driver but the overclock is still applying. I have a feeling that even after the uninstall and DDU some kind of nvidia service is still running. I know that MSI afterburner has the auto oc feature as well but I haven't touched it. Any insight would be much appreciated

GPU. Normal clock: 1740, NVIDIA's OC: 1935, sometimes 1950

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/Dual/DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G/

Are you sure it was that low before? usually cards clock much higher by themselves than whats "boost frequency" on paper?

Otherwise i believe you because this new nvidia overclocking and "monitoring" stuff is really terrible, its even messing with Afterburner and fancurves...

i dont really have a solution though , ddu should have removed everything GFE did.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Are you sure it was that low before? usually cards clock much higher by themselves than whats "boost frequency" on paper?

Otherwise i believe you because this new nvidia overclocking and "monitoring" stuff is really terrible, its even messing with Afterburner and fancurves...

i dont really have a solution though , ddu should have removed everything GFE did.

I put the card in another pc and the max boost was 1740, just as advertised. Looks like I will have to reinstall windows since I cant see any other option