Want a better audio experience than what I already have but clueless on audio tech..... can you assist

So I’ve always been a computer guy and when it comes to headphones I generally just go for brands or headphones that I’ve heard a lot about…. It’s why I have AirPod pros, it’s why I have the Sony MX3’s.

I have a gaming PC in which I use a pair of HD599’s, I’ve been using these for several years after a pair of HyperX headphones (with their provided usb). I’ve been using my HD599’s with their usb for a while now and I’m happy with my current PC build… the only thing left to change is my sound setup.

I’ve never been one for speakers because 1) I’m not a fan of clutter, most of I my current upgrades have been changing everything to wireless devices or stuff that helps me cable manage & 2) I just don’t have the desk space or room space for speakers.

I do however, have enough space on my monitor stand to place a DAC & an AMP. I’m looking to get both those and a new pair of headphones (preferably open back) for around or under £500. Can anyone help?

At the moment I'm looking at the Hifiman Sundara as this has been mentioned a few times

IMO, the best thing you can do is listen to a pair of headphones before you buy them, especially if you're going high-end. I don't have a ton of experience with the really high-end headphones- I tend to focus more on speakers. 

As for DACs and headphone amplifiers, Schiit makes some very good products that are simple and do what they're supposed to do. The Magni 3+ has extremely low distortion, can drive most headphones, and is built pretty well. The Asgard and the Magnius both use a better quality volume pot, so the volume control will feel nicer and the channel imbalance will be smaller. Whether this is worth the extra cost is up to you- Distortion on all of them is so low that they're all going to sound about the same.

I have no recommendations for off-the-shelf tube headphone amps. I haven't seen many inexpensive (less than $500) off-the-shelf headphone tube headphone amps that have impressed me. If you want a good tube headphone amp, my advice is to build it. Lots of good designs floating around online, otherwise the Radiotron Designer's Handbook (preferably 4th edition) will tell you how to design one.

The Schiit Modi is a perfectly acceptable DAC. I see no real reason to pay extra for balanced outputs in this application. 

Also, amp is short for amplifier. It is not an acronym and there is no need to capitalize it.