rasberry pi GPIO issues and ideas

Kyuubixchidori

Hi everyone! so ran out of ideas of things to do with my raspberry pi, so the next idea was to go buy some RGB strips, and do some custom lighting controlled by my raspberry pi. computer desk back lighting?  whole room lighting? HOOK IT UP TO CHRISTMAS LIGHTS? I have no idea yet. 

now the question is, I also have some hobby grade RC cars. they are old and don't work, but looking around, in the boxes where some brand new hobby grade motors, and brand new battery packs for rc cars. 

I have a breadboard, LEDS, and assorted wires and such. 

now my problem is, i cant even get a LED to light up running from the 3.3v->led->resistor>ground. any ideas of what to do, or how to solve this?

was not posted in troubleshooting because yes, i do need help to get it working, but this is more of ideas or things to try out with the physical side of programming/control with the pi.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAh7itx8BI6oidvPG6tCKxh2zg0VSU4lt

This is a little project i'm working on with some classmates

it is powered with 4 brushless motors and a a lipo battery 

Its a pretty involved project, but I  think you may find it interesting 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

-snip-

I always been intrested in quadcopters. to the point i had my step dad buy one! it was a cheap 90$ quad, but it works and is fun. is the Pi doing everything? or do you also have a arduino?

I always been intrested in quadcopters. to the point i had my step dad buy one! it was a cheap 90$ quad, but it works and is fun. is the Pi doing everything? or do you also have a arduino?

Right now we have the pi doing everything (the motor control, wireless control, and soon using the gyroscope) I expect that we will have to add a second one or an arduino when we get around to using camera's and stuff like that 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

keep uploading videos of your progress. I  want to follow along! I want to first attempt to make a RC car of some kind, after i figure out more command line controls. so question, I installed wiringPI, the LEDS light up when i connect it to the 3.3v supply, but when ever i use the terminal to try and activate any of the other GPIO pins, I get a -bash gpio: command not found

keep uploading videos of your progress. I  want to follow along! I want to first attempt to make a RC car of some kind, after i figure out more command line controls. so question, I installed wiringPI, the LEDS light up when i connect it to the 3.3v supply, but when ever i use the terminal to try and activate any of the other GPIO pins, I get a -bash gpio: command not found

ya man!, just subscribe to my channel to follow along, I'm not sure about your specific problem (i'm sure a quick google search should help you out)

this example may be helpful: http://wiringpi.com/examples/blink/