What's a Quiet Seasonic PSU 800w+

Anthony10
Go to solution Solved by Anthony10,

I'd the a look at the X or Platinum series. What's stopping you from just getting an rm psu?

Also, what @daemonowner said.

I'd really only worry about getting a very quiet psu once you cover all the bases for noise for every other component.

I have covered the bases :P, I think I'm gonna go with a CM v850 after the suggestions.

If you guys could let me know a good and QUIET seasonic PSU that would be great, I was gonna go with an RM series by corsair but nahhh.

sorry, useless comment. its made by CWT

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

The AX860/AX860i, XFX ProSeries 850W, or maybe the X series.

Quote me to get a reply!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207019

This XFX ProSeries is good. It turns it's fan off under low loads (20-30%)

Or maybe just get the RM? They're fine supplies.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

you do know that RM is made by seasonic right.

Nope, The RM Series are made by Channel Well.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

you do know that RM is made by seasonic right.

No it isn't, it is made by CWT.

Quote me to get a reply!

Nope, The RM Series are made by Channel Well.

start here

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#m=71,39&W=800,1600&sort=a9

nope

these are good. Cooler master V series is included.

already corrected

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

These are good (Axi excluded =/= SS). Cooler master V series is included.

The only reason I out the AXi in there is because if he wanted he could set up a custom curve.

Quote me to get a reply!

If you guys could let me know a good and QUIET seasonic PSU that would be great, I was gonna go with an RM series by corsair but nahhh.

Seasonic's platinum range has a hybrid mode where the fan doesn't turn on till 30% load.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

How would that help me know if they're quiet ._.

all are based on seasonic KM3 platform and feature that fanless thingy . and yes cooler master V series are included and use a better fan

Seasonic's platinum range has a hybrid mode where the fan doesn't turn on till 30% load.

it starts with X series...
Edited by s3ns3

How would that help me know if they're quiet ._.

That's where you start looking from, I never said they were. Hence start here and not here is your answer. 

The only reason I out the AXi in there is because if he wanted he could set up a custom curve.

I see where you're coming from, but personally I wouldn't bank on Corsair software working.

Error: 410

the Seasonic X650 is pretty quiet,and is great quality.It goes fanless until 300 watt load if i recall correctly

Why do you need an 800 watt unit?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Pretty much every Seasonic psu is quiet..

Why Seasonic?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the Seasonic X650 is pretty quiet,and is great quality.It goes fanless until 300 watt load if i recall correctly

Why do you need an 800 watt unit?

because i will be doing dual sli gtx 780s, headroom for overclocking, and because i'd rather pay $20 for an extra 100w to be safe then sorry

Pretty much every Seasonic psu is quiet..

Why Seasonic?

High quality components very good reputation

because i will be doing dual sli gtx 780s, headroom for overclocking, and because i'd rather pay $20 for an extra 100w to be safe then sorry

First of all, are you doing a custom loop?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First of all, are you doing a custom loop?

Yea

Actually, RM750 and RM850 are made by Chicony, the lower Wattage RM Series are made by Channel Well (CWT). CWT and Seasonic are Corsairs' main OEMs.

Answering the OP, PSUs are generally not loud. At all. There are far louder components in a PC, so when choosing a PSU you shouldn't focus primarily on how loud it is, but rather how good it is.

The Cooler Master V850 is an excellent Seasonic-made 850W 80Plus Gold (pushing platinum) PSU. I would recommend that. Also, Corsairs' AX non-i's (AX Gold's, AX760 and AX860) are Seasonic. Seasonic also sells their own PSUs if you want it directly from them, although strangely Corsair and other companies manage to sell Seasonic PSUs cheaper than Seasonic does, with better warranties and tech support.

Yea

I'd the a look at the X or Platinum series. What's stopping you from just getting an rm psu?

I'd really only worry about getting a very quiet psu once you cover all the bases for noise for every other component.

I have covered the bases :P, I think I'm gonna go with a CM v850 after the suggestions.