Motherboard lights up, but the pc wont turn on

I have had this pc for several months now without any problem. Today however it decided to randomly not boot up. All i see when i turn on the PSU is the light from the motherboard that indicates power is running through.
Sometimes the PSU would make a "click" noise (as it did when i turned it off normally), sometimes it would not make any sound at all

Right now i suspect that it might be a problem with the PSU, but it is not a cheap one, it is made by corsair, it should last more than a few months??

IMG_20210509_131149.thumb.jpeg.7492d5f1cba8827a66048abdb563dff6.jpeg

As you can see, the light on the motherboard is on, but the pc still wont boot.

Things i have already tried:

I have already tried swapping the power and reset buttons.
I have tried to turn it on by using a screwdriver on the powerbutton pins.
I have plugged out everything except the power cord (outside of the pc).
I have tried taking out the GPU and ram as well.
I have tried reseating the 24pin motherboard connector.
I have tried updating to the most recent bios with bios flashback.

PC specs:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f
PSU: Corsair RM850
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC

Corsair RM850x owner here.  Never had a problem.  That being said, whenever I was dubious about my PSU, I would disconnect it and then use a PSU tester, ex. this $15 sold by 50 people on Amazon but it's all the same model: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-PC-Tester-Connectors-Enclosure/dp/B076CLNPPK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=PSU+tester&qid=1620560585&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2KUFRYMC05E5D&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVEhRSUlSUkJSWlNYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDcxMTQxNThTSE5HQUk5QUZRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDA4OTMyRk1TTjJXSUExVzNUJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Since I've already talked with another Corsair PSU owner tonight whose system wasn't turning on, and then started to smoke after we tried the fan self-test button, maybe disconnect it first before trying/checking anything.  Does the PSU smell like burning or ozone?, anything melted anywhere like connectors or stuff on the motherboard, etc.

Also, chat with Corsair's customer support.  They have some experience with these scenarios, I'm sure.

35 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Corsair RM850x owner here.  Never had a problem.  That being said, whenever I was dubious about my PSU, I would disconnect it and then use a PSU tester, ex. this $15 sold by 50 people on Amazon but it's all the same model: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-PC-Tester-Connectors-Enclosure/dp/B076CLNPPK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=PSU+tester&qid=1620560585&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2KUFRYMC05E5D&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVEhRSUlSUkJSWlNYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDcxMTQxNThTSE5HQUk5QUZRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMDA4OTMyRk1TTjJXSUExVzNUJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Since I've already talked with another Corsair PSU owner tonight whose system wasn't turning on, and then started to smoke after we tried the fan self-test button, maybe disconnect it first before trying/checking anything.  Does the PSU smell like burning or ozone?, anything melted anywhere like connectors or stuff on the motherboard, etc.

Also, chat with Corsair's customer support.  They have some experience with these scenarios, I'm sure.

Hmm thanks for the tip about the PSU tester! Found a spare PSU i had lying around and plugged it in, it seems to work. The PSU is way underpowered tho, so i cant use the gpu with it 😑. Dont know wth could have gone wrong with the PSU tho? I cant remember doing anything harmfull to it yesterday? I will contact corsair at least...

11 hours ago, Erfugl said:

Hmm thanks for the tip about the PSU tester! Found a spare PSU i had lying around and plugged it in, it seems to work. The PSU is way underpowered tho, so i cant use the gpu with it 😑. Dont know wth could have gone wrong with the PSU tho? I cant remember doing anything harmfull to it yesterday? I will contact corsair at least...

Sometimes things just fail and it's not your fault 🙂