I wish to upgrade my CPU, its a I5-2400S, its socket is 1155, anything that could ship to romania?

I need a new CPU, I5-2400S is just not good, so i'm looking for something new, so the linus bois, can ya help me out?

You can find heaps of 1155 cpus on aliexpress and ebay. Not sure what exactly you are asking here?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

You can find heaps of 1155 cpus on aliexpress and ebay. Not sure what exactly you are asking here?

just something that can run games better.

Just now, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

just something that can run games better.

What motherboard do you have?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

What motherboard do you have?

Sad to say i have no idea, i only know the socket, its a prebuilt i had for like 3 years.

9 minutes ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

Sad to say i have no idea, i only know the socket, its a prebuilt i had for like 3 years.

if you dont know the motherboard you cant update the bios so 3rd gen isnt an option. best one you could get is i7 2600k

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

15 hours ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

I need a new CPU, I5-2400S is just not good, so i'm looking for something new, so the linus bois, can ya help me out?

What's your budget?You cannot get a new CPU for that motherboard brand new.

Instead you should save up for a new CPU+motherboard.

For 1000 lei you can get an 10400f and B460 which is muuuuuch more powerfull than what you could possibly get.

2 hours ago, Cheburek said:

What's your budget?You cannot get a new CPU for that motherboard brand new.

Instead you should save up for a new CPU+motherboard.

For 1000 lei you can get an 10400f and B460 which is muuuuuch more powerfull than what you could possibly get.

And don't forget the new Memory. The 10400F and B460 uses DDR4 not DDR3. The OP will also need a Graphics Card as well.

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

And don't forget the new Memory. The 10400F and B460 uses DDR4 not DDR3. The OP will also need a Graphics Card as well.

He won't need a graphics card if he buys the non f version.

He could step down to an I3 10100 in order for the build to amount to 1000 lei(200€) with ram included.

Even that is going to be miles ahead of his current CPU.

13 minutes ago, Cheburek said:

He won't need a graphics card if he buys the non f version.

He could step down to an I3 10100 in order for the build to amount to 1000 lei(200€) with ram included.

Even that is going to be miles ahead of his current CPU.

Well you are the one who brought up the i5-10400F... And the i3-10100 would be a better Option anyway since the RAM will be included with the pricing.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

Well you are the one who brought up the i5-10400F... And the i3-10100 would be a better Option anyway since the RAM will be included with the pricing.

I assumed he already had a GPU,and I had forgotten about the ram.

2 hours ago, Cheburek said:

I assumed he already had a GPU,and I had forgotten about the ram.

Never make an Ass out of You and Me... The OP may or May not have a GPU already...

38 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Never make an Ass out of You and Me... The OP may or May not have a GPU already...

My maximum budget for a CPU that will fit in an LGA1155 is about 600-700 Lei
I have an GeForce GTX 1050 from MSI
And I don't think my motherboard can use an i5-10400F or an I3 10100

23 minutes ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

I don't know how many Lei translates into US Dollars. Or for that matter what is available in Romania.

The i3-10100 and i5-10400f will require a new Motherboard and Memory.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:12 PM, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

https://m.olx.ro/oferta/processor-intel-i7-3770-3-4ghz-socket-1155-eventual-mb-asus-IDbFK0j.html

In ce judet?Găsești și din Hunedoara sau București oferte similare.Nu găsești nou nouț.

4 hours ago, Cheburek said:

https://m.olx.ro/oferta/processor-intel-i7-3770-3-4ghz-socket-1155-eventual-mb-asus-IDbFK0j.html

In ce judet?Găsești și din Hunedoara sau București oferte similare.Nu găsești nou nouț.

I already found it on a site, thanks though, and I can speak romanian on the internet but its harder since im used to english, so, thanks anyway

On 5/8/2021 at 10:46 PM, whm1974 said:

I don't know how many Lei translates into US Dollars. Or for that matter what is available in Romania.

The i3-10100 and i5-10400f will require a new Motherboard and Memory.

i found an I3-10100F, is that good? i'm building a new computer entirely soo, new mother and new cpu, is the I3-10100F good?

1 minute ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

i found an I3-10100F, is that good? i'm building a new computer entirely soo, new mother and new cpu, is the I3-10100F good?

it would depend on what you are planning on doing but going from an i5 2400s to an i3 10100F, you are going to have to buy a new motherboard too as the sockets are not the same. 

what is your budget for this and the i3 is not really that good for games because a lot of games now are requiring at least an i5 with recommendations of an i7. 

as for if it ships to romania. here is pcpartpicker which allows you to pic anything ever made that is still in production and look at them. set to romanian money Choose A CPU - PCPartPicker

Just now, tdkid said:

it would depend on what you are planning on doing but going from an i5 2400s to an i3 10100F, you are going to have to buy a new motherboard too as the sockets are not the same. 

what is your budget for this and the i3 is not really that good for games because a lot of games now are requiring at least an i5 with recommendations of an i7. 

as for if it ships to romania. here is pcpartpicker which allows you to pic anything ever made that is still in production and look at them. set to romanian money Choose A CPU - PCPartPicker

I'm also getting a new motherboard for it, and ill look for a better cpu, thanks for the comment

I'm also getting a new motherboard for it, and ill look for a better cpu, thanks for the comment

you are welcome. i just mentioned the i5 and i7 because like i said a lot of games now are starting to require them because they are so graphically detailed like cyberpunk 2077 for example.

steam info

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 70 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GTX 1060 6GB / GTX 1660 Super or Radeon RX 590
    • Storage: 70 GB available spac

if you are also looking for a new motherboard in the intel series i suggest the z590 chipset as its the newest and it allows overclocking if you want to overclock. as for a specific board i can not give you that answer. also the new boards use the LGA1200 socket so if you are using PC part picker to look at them you can select the 1200 socket and it will remove all other boards.

Just now, tdkid said:

you are welcome. i just mentioned the i5 and i7 because like i said a lot of games now are starting to require them because they are so graphically detailed like cyberpunk 2077 for example.

steam info

• MINIMUM:
  • RECOMMENDED:

if you are also looking for a new motherboard in the intel series i suggest the z590 chipset as its the newest and it allows overclocking if you want to overclock. as for a specific board i can not give you that answer. also the new boards use the LGA1200 socket so if you are using PC part picker to look at them you can select the 1200 socket and it will remove all other boards.

i'm not looking to play very detailed games, at most GTA V and Far Cry V, no overclock either.

so 

i'm not looking to play very detailed games, at most GTA V and Far Cry V, no overclock either.

2 minutes ago, tdkid said:

steam info

• MINIMUM:
  • RECOMMENDED:

so i think im going with https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/product/vrhmP6/intel-core-i5-10400f-29-ghz-6-core-processor-bx8070110400f
i5-10400F then, i think that'll do better

5 minutes ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

so 

so i think im going with https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/product/vrhmP6/intel-core-i5-10400f-29-ghz-6-core-processor-bx8070110400f
i5-10400F then, i think that'll do better

well for being 8 years old this coming Sept. GTA V is still a very detailed game in my opinion and has kept up with the graphics quite well over those years. as for requirements. it requires a

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

but recommends a

Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHz (8 CPUs)

as for farcry 5 it requires an i5 but recommends an i7. you should be fine with these two games running an i5. 

Just now, tdkid said:

well for being 8 years old this coming Sept. GTA V is still a very detailed game in my opinion and has kept up with the graphics quite well over those years. as for requirements. it requires a

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

but recommends a

Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHz (8 CPUs)

as for farcry 5 it requires an i5 but recommends an i7. you should be fine with these two games running an i5. 

great, thanks for the info!

Just now, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

great, thanks for the info!

if you want to look up the info for any game or at least most games. i recommend that you download steam if you havent already as it will allow you to search for most games and see what they require to play.