CSGO is choppy and feels like 60Hz - I'm desperate for a solution

Tricolores88

Yes, I'm desperate. Very desperate. 

If it is allowed by the rules, I even want to offer a reward to the person solving or giving the hint that solves the problem. I'm that desperate.

So, let's try and describe what the issue is.

• Describe the problem you are having in detail but without rambling. If your post is as long as this one, it's too long

CSGO is quite choppy, certainly when turning around, and has some framedrops every now and then. Overal, the game feels like I play on a 60Hz display while I'm playing on a 240Hz one. 

I had no issues on my old VEGA56-build, but now that I upgraded my GPU there is no way I can get things "smooth" again.

• Include your operating system including version and 32/64 bit.

Windows 10 - 64bit

• Include your entire system specs, including the wattage of your PSU.

AORUS X570 Elite
Ryzen 7 3700X

Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC

Corsair RM750x

G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (XMP profile is active) 
ASUS ROG Strix XG258Q

• Tell us which BIOS version you have. Some problems can be fixed by updating to the latest BIOS, so check that there are no updates available

Bios version F33h

• Include any software running when it crashes (if applicable)

Discord at the most, with hardware acceleration disabled

• Give full details of any error messages and screenshots if possible

There are no error messages, only a choppy video output / result. The problem only seems to occur in CSGO.

• Use an informative title briefly describing the error. It's not helpful to see a thread titled "please help" or "Urgent" because most people are better at some problems than others, so may not prioritize your issue, and some people will ignore you completely.

I tried, hope it helps. 

So, let me list some of the things I already tried and checked, before turning to this forum for help.

- Checked if the monitor was on 240fps in every possible settings screen I could find 

- Upgraded chipset and GPU software

- Reinstalled Windows (in total three!!! times)

- Experimented with Nvidia Control Panel settings

- Disabled DVR, Game mode, full screen optimizations...

- Debloated Windows

- Installed older Windows version to avoid issues with updates

- Tried multiple framerate limits

- Ordered and installed a new VESA-certified DP-cable

- Changed the polling rate of my mouse

- Running the game in native resolution instead of stretched

UserBenchmark result: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42780059

Nothing worked. The issue is still there and I'm getting frustrated. CSGO has always been my main game, I have a better game PC than I was ever able to afford and it never run worse than it's doing now.

If you think you can help me or you know any possible solutions, please let me know. I would be forever grateful if you can help me to solve this.

If any further info is needed, please let me know and I will provide it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Tricolores88

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

What framerates is CSGO getting?

Almost on or close to the default FPS-limit, being 400FPS. 

try a bunch of different hardware to rule out any deficiencies. if that does not work, remove all of your overclocks, your memory overclock might be unstable 

4 minutes ago, Tricolores88 said:

Almost on or close to the default FPS-limit, being 400FPS. 

try a bunch of different hardware to rule out any deficiencies. if that does not work, remove all of your overclocks, your memory overclock might be unstable 

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

ARe you getting a good ping to the server(s) you're on?

Yes, under 50 all the time. That shouldn't be the issue.

1 hour ago, xdXot1c said:

It sounds pretty logical to do so, right? But this is the same computer than ran the game perfectly only with a different GPU. It was a VEGA56.

The GPU doesn't seem to be defective, so I'm stuck in limbo.

did you try the memory clocks? or maybe cpu clocks? @Tricolores88

CPU is clocked on default clocks. I tried using PBO with the Ryzen Master utility, that didn't change anything. Is there something else I can try?

The memory is on the supported list of the MOBO and is running the default XMP profile. That should be fine no? Anything there I can or should try?

i really dont know, maybe try gpu clocks? the stutters are most likely cause the game is using only a tiny part of the cpu, play the game and show me the cpu usage, along with the gpu usage

5 minutes ago, Tricolores88 said:

CPU is clocked on default clocks. I tried using PBO with the Ryzen Master utility, that didn't change anything. Is there something else I can try?

The memory is on the supported list of the MOBO and is running the default XMP profile. That should be fine no? Anything there I can or should try?

i really dont know, maybe try gpu clocks? the stutters are most likely cause the game is using only a tiny part of the cpu, play the game and show me the cpu usage, along with the gpu usage

Is this what you are looking for? I can install a monitoring tool of your choice if this is not sufficient.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

1 hour ago, Tricolores88 said:

Is this what you are looking for? I can install a monitoring tool of your choice if this is not sufficient.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

yes, thats exactly what i was looking for, so it is clear that you arent haveing a very low usage, which is good, could you play the game for 20-30 minutes thatn send me a screenshot, u might have already done that, but idk, i need to see the usage as you are playing, not when you first load the game, sorry for bring kinda rude, but i need to see actual results of u playing for a while

yes, thats exactly what i was looking for, so it is clear that you arent haveing a very low usage, which is good, could you play the game for 20-30 minutes thatn send me a screenshot, u might have already done that, but idk, i need to see the usage as you are playing, not when you first load the game, sorry for bring kinda rude, but i need to see actual results of u playing for a while

Well, the monitoring in the task manager only shows a minute so that won't help you I'm afraid.

Any other monitoring tool I can use to make this work?

Anyone else with suggestions? Sorry to bump this again, but I'm really frustrated by this issue 😞