I'm building i7-10700F based PC. Is these parts are compatible with each other?

Hi, i'm building PC with only CPU, motherboard, memory and case included.

Budget: 450$ (3750 TL)

The PC will be used for: Gaming, rendering and editing.

I don't play any very demanding and online titles.

The parts i've selected:

CPU: i7-10700F

MB: MSI B460M A-PRO

Memory: XGP Gammix D30 8GBX1 DDR4 3000 MHz (will add another 8GB kit in future)

Case: Aerocool QS240 (not sure about the case, i can change the case with any cheap mATX case)

The parts that i own and will be added to this system:

GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X OC

PSU: Gigabyte P650B 650W 80+ Bronze

HDD: Samsung HD155UI 1.5 TB 5400 RPM

HDD2: Samsung HD250HJ 250 GB 7200 RPM

I have questions:

1)Does CPU comes with stock cooler?

2) Are these parts compatible with each other?

3) Is 8GB memory enough? 

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Curesto said:

1)Does CPU comes with stock cooler?

2) Are these parts compatible with each other?

3) Is 8GB memory enough? 

1) Only K and KF series CPUs dont.

2) Yes, however I would try my hardest to get a SSD.

3) I would say not but should be enough to get by.

Also if you dont play any demanding games, why even get a 10700F? 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3)  8GB is not enough if playing modern games. Also running single channel for a while will impact performance for the while.

I edit my posts more often than not

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

1) Only K and KF series CPUs dont.

2) Yes, however I would try my hardest to get a SSD.

3) I would say not but should be enough to get by.

Also if you dont play any demanding games, why even get a 10700F? 

Thanks. The games i'm planning to play, I'm not sure if these games are demanding or not:

Forza Horizon 4

Dirt Rally 2.0

CoD: MW 2019 

CoD: BOCW

CoD: MW2 Remastered

Terraria with mods

World Of Warships

Metro 2033 

Metro Last Light Redux

Just now, Curesto said:

Thanks. The games i'm planning to play, I'm not sure if these games are demanding or not:

Forza Horizon 4

Dirt Rally 2.0

CoD: MW 2019 

CoD: BOCW

CoD: MW2 Remastered

Terraria with mods

World Of Warships

Metro 2033 

Metro Last Light Redux

I am playing those games with a Ryzen 3 3100. Those are definitely not i7 demanding workloads, especially when paired with a R9 280X. You would be fine with a 10400F or heck even a 10100F.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

I am playing those games with a Ryzen 3 3100. Those are definitely not i7 demanding workloads, especially when paired with a R9 280X. You would be fine with a 10400F or heck even a 10100F.

Then i think, it would be wiser getting a 10400F with 16 GB RAM and SSD.

Hi, i'll build new system soon. I can't decide between two CPUs, if i get 10700F, i don't have enough budget for 16 GB of RAM. If i get i5-10400F i'm able to get 16GB dual channel RAM or even with SSD.

I think 8GB RAM would be enough for me as i don't play newest titles. If i get 10700F, i could add extra 8 GB stick in future.

I need some CPU power for rendering and Adobe programs.

Which duo would be wiser decision?

6 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, i'll build new system soon. I can't decide between two CPUs, if i get 10700F, i don't have enough budget for 16 GB of RAM. If i get i5-10400F i'm able to get 16GB dual channel RAM or even with SSD.

I think 8GB RAM would be enough for me as i don't play newest titles. If i get 10700F, i could add extra 8 GB stick in future.

I need some CPU power for rendering and Adobe programs.

adobe programs need lots of ram so i guess my recommendation would be the 10400f but if you can wait another month or so to gather enough money to get the 10700f with 16gb then please do so

Having 8GB of RAM will hold you back much more performance-wise, but on the other hand RAM is much easier to upgrade than CPU.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

10400/F + 16GB of ram.
8GB of ram just doesn't cut it for modern games or even modern tasks anymore. Not only is it +8GB but also dual channel, tremendously helping your latency and overall performance. I'm sure we could make some more altercations in your list to fit in a higher end cpu.

-= Topics Merged =-

Please keep your topics of the same sugbject in the same thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Curesto said:

I need some CPU power for rendering and Adobe programs.

You dont need i7 level power for anything you described here. As I said I am using a 3100 for gaming also programming and 3d designing and for what I do I am perfectly fine with what I got. 8G ram is borderline for today's standards, plus there if you arent getting a SSD you arent enjoying your system. I would take a 10100F, 16G and 256-512G SSD over this build every day.

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

You dont need i7 level power for anything you described here. As I said I am using a 3100 for gaming also programming and 3d designing and for what I do I am perfectly fine with what I got. 8G ram is borderline for today's standards, plus there if you arent getting a SSD you arent enjoying your system. I would take a 10100F, 16G and 256-512G SSD over this build every day.

Thanks. I've decided getting 10400F and 16 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD. 

What kind of SSD should i get?

Motherboard: MSI B460M A-Pro