1660 super vs 1650 super

CreeperH5

I know this is during a time of high price graphic cards but i wanted to ask about the difference between a 1660S and 1650S. I currently have a 1650S with 4gb of VRAM but i find my VR games crashing/lagging a lot due to this, in turn i found a 1660 super with 6gb of VRAM. This card is going for MSRP and i wanted to ask if its a good investment to upgrade for that extra 2 GB of VRAM.

All answers are appreciated

Just now, iNSUFFZ said:

133916a096cf7af54b337e1031cbad55.png

lets not use userbenchmark for performance comparisons please. UBM is a known to be a non-reputable and biased source,

2 minutes ago, CreeperH5 said:

I know this is during a time of high price graphic cards but i wanted to ask about the difference between a 1660S and 1650S. I currently have a 1650S with 4gb of VRAM but i find my VR games crashing/lagging a lot due to this, in turn i found a 1660 super with 6gb of VRAM. This card is going for MSRP and i wanted to ask if its a good investment to upgrade for that extra 2 GB of VRAM.

If you can find a 1660S going around 240 USD go for it. What CPU do you have?

Just now, iCypticx said:

lets not use userbenchmark for performance comparisons please. UBM is a known to be a non-reputable and biased source,

If you can find a 1660S going around 240 USD go for it. What CPU do you have?

I currently have a Ryzen 5 3500

3 minutes ago, CreeperH5 said:

If I were you I'd go for it. Personally I have a 1660S and no issues on 1080p high 3xA titles. Not sure about VR though but I'm sure you'll see some sort of performance increase. Before you do anything,  make sure your Graphics Drivers are up to date. 

7 minutes ago, CreeperH5 said:

1660s will net you at least around 30% more performance, depend on games. I'm not sure if that extra 2GB will help you in term of VR performance. You need to check if VRAM was the actual cause of instability. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just now, CreeperH5 said:

both GPU wont be a burden at 1080p. Imho, i would go and hold your money to the chest and wait until 3060 start hitting the normal market price, for a better upgrade.

4 minutes ago, iNSUFFZ said:

-biased snip-

And i know someone have addressed it but im going to address it again. Userbenchmark has been known for massive bias towards nvidia and Intel combination setup, and their user reviews of 11th gen pretty much sums it up. 2kliksphilip made a really good expose on the entire thing that you should watch.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

1660s will net you at least around 30% more performance, depend on games. I'm not sure if that extra 2GB will help you in term of VR performance. You need to check if VRAM was the actual cause of instability. 

I believe that it is the VRAM, I use Desktop+ on Steam, it tracks Ram usage and VRAM usage, and most of the time the VRAM is pinned at the max 

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

both GPU wont be a burden at 1080p. Imho, i would go and hold your money to the chest and wait until 3060 start hitting the normal market price, for a better upgrade.

And i know someone have addressed it but im going to address it again. Userbenchmark has been known for massive bias towards nvidia and Intel combination setup, and their user reviews of 11th gen pretty much sums it up. 2kliksphilip made a really good expose on the entire thing that you should watch.

As much as i would love a 30 series, i would have to get a new system to not either bottleneck it and also make it fit in the case.

26 minutes ago, CreeperH5 said:

As much as i would love a 30 series, i would have to get a new system to not either bottleneck it and also make it fit in the case.

3500 wont be bottlenecked by the 3060, 3060ti, or even the 3070. It all depends on your resolution/workload. 
Bottlenecking isn't a thing you can measure either, everything will bottleneck everything. Just play at higher resolution or higher graphical settings and put more stress on the gpu.

55 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Back in September 2020 i do some maths about GPU upgrade, 1660s was 25% faster on fhd but 32% more expensive, so i get a 1650s because my i5 4670 is not that powerfull.

But this back then with lowest prices ever for Turing gpus.

Nowadays good luck find a 1660s under 500$

24 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

3500 wont be bottlenecked by the 3060, 3060ti, or even the 3070. It all depends on your resolution/workload. 
Bottlenecking isn't a thing you can measure either, everything will bottleneck everything. Just play at higher resolution or higher graphical settings and put more stress on the gpu.

agree

Bottleneck is seeing the CPU working at 95-100% and huge stutters and bad frame times, all with not full GPU working

getting 2% more FPS from a CPU upgrade Is definitely not a CPU bottleneck