Thoughts on large low profile cooler. Shadow rock TF2 vs Dark Rock TF with 1 fan

Surpuppa

So Im going to build my own case under a desk with wooden walls of 120mm in height, meaning that is my restriction of the tallest cooler. Im thinking of either buying the Shadow Rock TF2 with a height of 112mm, or the Dark Rock TF with only the lower fan with a height of 106mm. The components will sit facing the floor, and I want to have the CPU cooler as exhaust, so my question here is which do you think will work best? The Dark Rock has more mass of 810g (Is the fans included in this) and the Shadow Rock with 680g. The Dark Rock has 1 more heat pipe and split into 2 sections which would make it more efficient, however I believe the air flow will be worse as I will only have the fan closest to the motherboard. Do you think it will make a difference?

I have looked for reviews of the Dark Rock with only one fan but have been unanble to find one

4 hours ago, Surpuppa said:

So Im going to build my own case under a desk with wooden walls of 120mm in height, meaning that is my restriction of the tallest cooler. Im thinking of either buying the Shadow Rock TF2 with a height of 112mm, or the Dark Rock TF with only the lower fan with a height of 106mm. The components will sit facing the floor, and I want to have the CPU cooler as exhaust, so my question here is which do you think will work best? The Dark Rock has more mass of 810g (Is the fans included in this) and the Shadow Rock with 680g. The Dark Rock has 1 more heat pipe and split into 2 sections which would make it more efficient, however I believe the air flow will be worse as I will only have the fan closest to the motherboard. Do you think it will make a difference?

I have looked for reviews of the Dark Rock with only one fan but have been unanble to find one

it depends on what you are cooling and the rest of the airflow design.

The DRTF is probably better. A center fan between the fin stacks does most of the cooling compared to the top fan. If you also want to invest in a slim fan, that may also fit at the top of the heatsink. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.