Laptop battery draining while computer OFF

Hello guys,

Maybe you can help me with my issue. I have a HP Pavilion Power 15 - I7 7700HQ, 1TB NVME, 1TB HDD A2000, 16GB DDR4, Geforce GTX 1050 4GB, 1080p display 60hz, 150w charger - config. Since i got the laptop i am struggling with a issue. Searched on a lot of places for a solution without any success.

If i close the laptop, complete shutdown, my battery drains very fast. By fast, i mean about 30-40% overnight. Now, i mention that i disabled fast startup, disabled the wake-on LAN, disabled any POWER MANAGEMENT (Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power) options, so you know. Before doing so, the battery was draining completely in about 8hrs. I changed the battery because the other one swelled after 2 yr and i got a new one, it is calibrated but i experience the same thing. I also got the laptop serviced in 2 diferent places and there is nothing wrong with the mainboard. I got the laptop in 2018, i took a very good care of it cleaned, changed the thermal paste, etc. I wanna emphasis the fact that this happens only with computer OFF. When i am working on it i am getting about 4hrs of battery life without gaming. (i mean videos, regular stuff, on battery saver option).

Do you have any opinions or fixes for this issue? I'm kinda lost right now. I like that laptop, i'm using it for music production it is very fast, good connectivity so i wanna keep it.

Thank you so much,

Justin

3 minutes ago, Justin Williams said:

Do you have any opinions or fixes for this issue?

It might be the Windows 10 - feature called "Modern Standby" and you might want to try if disabling it helps: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Useful-Life-Hack-How-to-Disable-Modern-Standby-Connected-Standby.453125.0.html

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

It might be the Windows 10 - feature called "Modern Standby" and you might want to try if disabling it helps: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Useful-Life-Hack-How-to-Disable-Modern-Standby-Connected-Standby.453125.0.html

Thank you so much, i will try that - i will download that file and run it. I will test it later on today and get back with you! Thanks!

15 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Update: i think it helped, but it is still draining - after 2 hrs completely off, the computer drained about 6% of the battery. Any ideas?