3080 Crashing and refusing to POST

Jetien

Hello.

My 3080 is having issues:

It began by slowing my mouse and keyboard inputs to a crawl, making them impossible to use before freezing and making everything unresponsive. I tried Win+Ctrl+Shift+B to no avail.

After rebooting the PC multiple times (during which it failed to post) I was able to get into Safe Mode and use DDU to uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and try again.

I reboot the PC and the GPU works until I install ANY Nvidia driver (the gpu is detected as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter), whether it is the default 456.55 or the newest driver. The second I install an Nvidia driver the GPU goes back to the beginning step of slowing everything down and crashing.

Now I cannot even get my PC to post enough to enter Safe Mode with the 3080. (VGA debug light on Mobo)

Everything works fine with a P600 Quadro I have and my friend's 3060 Ti.

I've also been using this configuration successfully for several months with no issues.

Could you please offer any assistance?

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: X570 AORUS ULTRA
BIOS: F33f (type: UEFI)

Try to kill some of the nvidia services:
grafik.png.bd35dee4983f47af893ac83f262e5369.png

those 2 give me lags after long gaming session. (def. not as bad as your problem). maybe it will help.

have you tried the 3080 in  another pc, to be sure it's not broken?

but vga light on mainboard, doesn'T sound good. it's prob dead

I've not yet had the opportunity to try the 3080 in another PC. But other GPUs work fine in my PC.