does micro center have 3070/3080?

kanyewestlover911
Go to solution Solved by airborne spoon,

So first off check the store website the night prior to when you want to drive down there it lists stock but says unavailable online. if they happen to have the card you want then go drive down there and get in line.

Now i dono about your local micro center but my local one (Tustin, CA 2.5hr drive each way) they will put out QR codes about 30 min prior to opening and the order you scan and sign in is the order you are allowed to enter the store. So i got there at 0915 one day and as the signs were being brought out my camera snagged the read of the QR code and i was literally number 1 to enter the store even though i was there only 45 min prior to them opening. scan the code quick and type fast and you get a low number to enter. Once inside there was a take a number system for the build your own section, (where you get CPU and GPU exc) so take a number and wait FCFS i got a 5900x and a RX 6800XT in the same visit on a different day and i was number 75 to enter the store, that was more of luck than anything. on the day i was number 1 i got a 3080 and they had 3 in stock that day and i got the last one. both times i was just bored so i drove down there i really wanted a new CPU but wasn't expecting much. If you check the website beforehand then you might be able to get something.

Also sometimes they do vouchers for the people that camp outside the store if they have any cards, but the last few times i went down there they were no longer doing vouchers and it was FCFS with the QR code and the ticket machine.

im ask because the close micro center is 4 hours away and i would love to get a 3080/3070

thank you for who ever helps

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mtj08/saved/

Short answer, no. Longer answer, uhhhh they might, but in the 4 hours it'd take to get there I'm pretty sure it'd be a no by the time you arrived.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Short answer, no. Longer answer, uhhhh they might, but in the 4 hours it'd take to get there I'm pretty sure it'd be a no by the time you arrived.

i am willing to leave at 5 to get there in time 

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

and would they be FE or like msi or evga ETC......

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

Just now, POG Gamer said:

and would they be FE or like msi or evga ETC......

Microcenter's site will say what they have in store IIRC. 

4 minutes ago, POG Gamer said:

Aaand anyone who lives close would still beat ya there. It's a lottery game with the odds stacked against you, so I wouldn't call it worth an 8 hour drive. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

42 minutes ago, POG Gamer said:

Unless you're getting there at 5, don't bother.

And even there, they might not have anything in stock comes opening, so you'd be wasting your time.
You would probably need to do this, every day, for upward to a month if you're unlucky.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

So first off check the store website the night prior to when you want to drive down there it lists stock but says unavailable online. if they happen to have the card you want then go drive down there and get in line.

Now i dono about your local micro center but my local one (Tustin, CA 2.5hr drive each way) they will put out QR codes about 30 min prior to opening and the order you scan and sign in is the order you are allowed to enter the store. So i got there at 0915 one day and as the signs were being brought out my camera snagged the read of the QR code and i was literally number 1 to enter the store even though i was there only 45 min prior to them opening. scan the code quick and type fast and you get a low number to enter. Once inside there was a take a number system for the build your own section, (where you get CPU and GPU exc) so take a number and wait FCFS i got a 5900x and a RX 6800XT in the same visit on a different day and i was number 75 to enter the store, that was more of luck than anything. on the day i was number 1 i got a 3080 and they had 3 in stock that day and i got the last one. both times i was just bored so i drove down there i really wanted a new CPU but wasn't expecting much. If you check the website beforehand then you might be able to get something.

Also sometimes they do vouchers for the people that camp outside the store if they have any cards, but the last few times i went down there they were no longer doing vouchers and it was FCFS with the QR code and the ticket machine.

can't believe i'll meet another person as crazy as i am that would drive 10h+ just to buy a GPU

as others have said, i wouldnt bet on it tbh

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Microcenter's site will say what they have in store IIRC. 

Aaand anyone who lives close would still beat ya there. It's a lottery game with the odds stacked against you, so I wouldn't call it worth an 8 hour drive. 

does this mean they have none

image.thumb.png.411548affc378431674dbf48c9c28fd1.png

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

I saw one in stock a few days ago but gone now. I live in Queens, NYC and my nearest microcenter is like 6 miles away lol. 2nd and third nearest are the ones in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Around 10-20ish miles away as well. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, POG Gamer said:

does this mean they have none

image.thumb.png.411548affc378431674dbf48c9c28fd1.png

What do you think "SOLD OUT" means?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

5 hours ago, Gale said:

What do you think "SOLD OUT" means?

i didnt know if the was just the website or if they had any in store 

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs