Whats the best water cooling case?

Mark_Baxt

Hey! I currently have a Corsair 465x for my case, RTX 2060, i7-9700k Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F motherboard and a Corsair  H150i Elite Capellix and its amazing and I love it, I'm not planning to do much to it right now but I am looking into custom water cooling, for better performance and aesthetics. So I'll likely need to get a new case and I know that, but whats best for custom water cooling? (I'm likely only going to be doing only the CPU and then later on once I upgrade my graphics card in a year or two add it to the loop) I've been looking at the ThermalTake DistroCase 350P Mid Tower Chassis as I'm loving that the reservoir is outside the case, so basically what I am asking is, is there a case like the DistroCase 350P thats not more than a MSRP 3080??? I'm thinking more of a case going around £200-300 as I'll need to get the block and radiator as well and they would probably cost £150-200 together. I probably should add this will be my first time custom water cooling as well. Please tell me if I'm in over my head lol. 

4 hours ago, Mark_Baxt said:

Hey! I currently have a Corsair 465x for my case, RTX 2060, i7-9700k Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F motherboard and a Corsair  H150i Elite Capellix and its amazing and I love it, I'm not planning to do much to it right now but I am looking into custom water cooling, for better performance and aesthetics. So I'll likely need to get a new case and I know that, but whats best for custom water cooling? (I'm likely only going to be doing only the CPU and then later on once I upgrade my graphics card in a year or two add it to the loop) I've been looking at the ThermalTake DistroCase 350P Mid Tower Chassis as I'm loving that the reservoir is outside the case, so basically what I am asking is, is there a case like the DistroCase 350P thats not more than a MSRP 3080??? I'm thinking more of a case going around £200-300 as I'll need to get the block and radiator as well and they would probably cost £150-200 together. I probably should add this will be my first time custom water cooling as well. Please tell me if I'm in over my head lol. 

water cooling is vary expensive... maybe look it to that first be for deciding. but you can water cool in any case just depends on rad size.

ya distro plates are expensive there like $350+

the lianli 011 is good price for what you get.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

water cooling is vary expensive... maybe look it to that first be for deciding. but you can water cool in any case just depends on rad size.

ya distro plates are expensive there like $350+

the lianli 011 is good price for what you get.

Yeesh, I was thinking of spending no more than like £400-500, maybe it would be better sticking with my AIO and buy a 3060 ti or a 3070 when prices go back to normal. Thanks anyway.

For cases I like the Fractal Define Cases, I have a r6 right now, the newer R7 is great too, very big and easy to work in. As for the water cooling components, you can do complete kits like corsairs that run $619 CAD, not sure what that equates to in your currency. It not gonna be a distroplate but its an easy way to start. It might be more expensive than sourcing the pieces yourself but at least you dont have to worry about missing pieces and then you can add in your gpu cooling down the road

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

For cases I like the Fractal Define Cases, I have a r6 right now, the newer R7 is great too, very big and easy to work in. As for the water cooling components, you can do complete kits like corsairs that run $619 CAD, not sure what that equates to in your currency. It not gonna be a distroplate but its an easy way to start. It might be more expensive than sourcing the pieces yourself but at least you dont have to worry about missing pieces and then you can add in your gpu cooling down the road

Awesome thank you! Thats around £300 for me which is more what I was thinking, although would likely need a new bigger case, as mine can't fit a pump/res so it may cost me another £100-200. 

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

This is the absolute best watercooling case.  Up to 2400mm worth of radiators.

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=124 

eris-evo-ppt11.jpgeris-evo-ppt10.jpgeris-evo-ppt12.jpg

This case looks awesome!!! However it is £300 for me, and as much as I would love it, its a bit too expensive I'd need to get a case thats around £100-200 as the water cooling kit is already gonna be around £300. Got any other cheaper ones in mind?? Anything would be appreciated. 

12 minutes ago, Mark_Baxt said:

Awesome thank you! Thats around £300 for me which is more what I was thinking, although would likely need a new bigger case, as mine can't fit a pump/res so it may cost me another £100-200. 

If you buy the corsair kit it comes with a pump/res combo thats about the size of a 120mm fan. Its what Im using in my next build next month https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Pump-Reservoir/Hydro-X-Series-XD3-RGB-Pump-Reservoir-Combo/p/CX-9040001-WW

I just looked at your case, you can set the pump res in the back 120mm spot, then set your front fans as intake and your top fans as outlet and you are good to go with your current case. You have a good path to go down

33 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I just looked at your case, you can set the pump res in the back 120mm spot, then set your front fans as intake and your top fans as outlet and you are good to go with your current case. You have a good path to go down

Do you know how big that pump/res combo is?? As I looked in the corsair configurator and it looks like it will stand out like a sore thumb. I'm also looking at the Thermaltake p8 or p5 and then I'll be able to get the bigger res.

2 minutes ago, Mark_Baxt said:

Do you know how big that pump/res combo is?? As I looked in the corsair configurator and it looks like it will stand out like a sore thumb. I'm also looking at the Thermaltake p8 or p5 and then I'll be able to get the bigger res.

I havent had one in my hands yet so I am not sure, I previously used  a P5 case, you cant get an easier case to work with for a first time custom loop builder

11 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I havent had one in my hands yet so I am not sure, I previously used  a P5 case, you cant get an easier case to work with for a first time custom loop builder

Awesome, I may get it, as I am thinking of hanging it on my wall for more desk space, and it does look very spacious. I've been looking at EK as well, and they have a configurator what would be better? I also know thermaltake does water cooling too. Would corsair be cheaper?? And I do like the look of the corsair ball valve (Would probably be getting one as I do not trust my self emptying the loop without a valve lol)

On 5/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, Mark_Baxt said:

I think most Lian Li cases are good for watercooling because they have tons of space for pipes, pump, etc yet still has some leeway and room to work.