QVL and ryzen??? I have qvl listed memory not posting

Hi thanks for reading my post and any help given ❤️

So the issue is that i have x2 G. SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (F4-3600C16D-32GVKC) kits but none work in a Asus x570 prime-p board and they are both on the QVL list? https://pangoly.com/en/review/asus-prime-x570-p/compatibility/ram (F4-3600C16D-32GVKC)

Things i have tried

1. using 1 stick, 2 sticks, 3 sticks, 4 sticks.

2. Bios flashes for the mobo

3. cleaning the gold fingers

4. used a multi meter to check for shorts

Effects

1. no image

2. has to power off by holding the power button, so it seems to be loading windows with no image

The funny thing is that its running a x4 4gb 2400mhz kit that's not listed on the QVL just fine lol. I have a new Asus x570 -F coming on Wednesday but i don't think anything will change and i will just get the same black no signal out, the board has no post code lights. (gj asus) But it seems to be loading into windows because of how i have to hard reset it, to power it off. 

Is this normal for X570? just upgraded from an old 5960x intel build so any help would be rewarded with large amounts of ❤️

Did you try resetting CMOS? I mean it should've reset cmos by updating bios, but worth a shot.

I had a fault recently on another of my desktop builds where the RAM was giving me CPU/RAM error codes on POST, reseated, tried different slots etc and nothing changed. Swapped the modules around with a different set that worked, swapped the first set back in, and they worked again with no probs now at all.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Thank for your help but i have tried that too 😞

I don't think the memory is dead because if u tried single sticks then all 4 would need to be dead

Thanks for help ❤️

I looked at your boards QVL and it looks like its there for Zen 2 but not Zen 3 kinda weird.. I didn't look at G.Skills QVL though. When I bought my G.Skill kits I made sure they were on my mobos QVL for 3000 and 5000 series, and then I checked G.Skills site and made sure my mobo was on their QVL before I purchased them just because I didn't want a frustration box.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

You say its not on the list for 3rd gen but if you check my picture, it is listed or am i wrong?

Rig info 

3950x 

64gb 3600mhz gskill F4-3600C16D-32GVKC but also have a 2400mhz kit i am using now thats fine

3090 FTW3

1200 PLAT BEQUITE

NVME 1TB SABERENT 

ASUS PRIME P X570

@freeagent Thank you for your help ❤️ anything helps more than u might think. We do 3d printing of prosthetic limbs and the down time is killing me 😞 

HAVE PEOPLE I CANT HELP

image_2021-05-02_171001.png

No problem man. That is a sweet rig man, I really hope she comes to life for you soon!

Sorry I meant it wasn't on the list for Zen 3 which is Ryzen 5000 series, it looked like it was there for your 3000 series. 

Do you have an old video card you can use? I had to use a really old card to get my board to start a couple of times.. my fault for pushing the overclock too hard.. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Hi freeagent, i just sent the memory back for a refund 😞

What would be the fastest memory kit i can get for the 3950x on a x570 board? need 16gb dims @ 3600mhz or faster (i cant find anyone running a 3950x with high memory on youtube)

What would be the best x570 motherboard for ddr4 compatibility?

Sorry for the noob questions ❤️

So i just brought this kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZN that is listed under the QVL for the motherboard but not the QVL for the RYZEN 3950x, will this be an issue?

Why is this so hard 😞

47 minutes ago, Zilla32 said:

So i just brought this kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZN that is listed under the QVL for the motherboard but not the QVL for the RYZEN 3950x, will this be an issue?

Why is this so hard 😞

That's a really nice kit. Has B-Die modules, you should have very little issues.