5700XT post dilemna

kjgruber

I recently moved my 5700xt out of my mining rig and into my main system. The card works in my mining rig and does not on my main system. It won't power on or post in the main system. The main system previously had a 2070 super that I am moving over to my mining rig. I have tried each slot. The card is properly sat. I am out of ideas. It is odd that it works in one system but not the other. Should I try uninstalling the nividia driver? I can't imagine that would explain the cards fans not powering on though. 

Specs for the main: 

CPU: 3700x 

Mobo Asus tuf gaming x570 plus

PSU: Corsair rmx 750x 

Have you only swapped the cards or have you used DDU beforehand with the option to in uninstall drivers with preparation for the new GPU? 

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Have you only swapped the cards or have you used DDU beforehand with the option to in uninstall drivers with preparation for the new GPU? 

I just updated my post with that sorry. I didn't unistall the drivers but I am not sure that would explain the 5700xts fans not spinning at power on. I guess I will throw my old card back in and uninstall first though. 

Used DDU, and still no power to the GPU. Utterly confused at this point

31 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Used DDU and still now power to the GPU...

3 minutes ago, kjgruber said:

Used DDU and still now power to the GPU...

try different PCIe slot if available

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

try different PCIe slot if available

Already tried. No luck. I have a Lian LI case that supports two power supplies, so I guess I could turn my main rig into a mining one because I can move my second power supply in but cooling will likely be an issue. I am really unsure as to why it does the 5700xt does not work in this rig

Just now, kjgruber said:

Already tried. No luck. I have a Lian LI case that supports two power supplies, so I guess I could turn my main rig into a mining one because I can move my second power supply in but cooling will likely be an issue. I am really unsure as to why it does the 5700xt does not work in this rig

That's definitely strange then. Have you modified the BIOS for your 5700xt for mining or is it the default one? If it's the default one, I'm really clueless as well.

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

That's definitely strange then. Have you modified the BIOS for your 5700xt for mining or is it the default one? If it's the default one, I'm really clueless as well.

Haven't touched the bios. I am thinking maybe the card doesn't sit right in the mobo. I might have possibly damaged it in the past. Probably not though, considering it works on the other system