Headphones

Ahoy Hoy

Right, had enough of my crappy DT1770s breaking had three replacements headphones and this is the second time this pair have broken and going to need to go for repair.

Give me your recommendations £300 to £400 mark (about $500 ish for you yanks).

Looking for something which are incredibly comfortable as the beyerdyanmics can get uncomfortable after a while. Really liking the comfort of my Sony 1000mx3. Probably going to go open back as well.

So far looking at senny with the HD600, 650 or 660s.
Anyone got any other ideas.

I like my Hifiman Sundara and settled on them after hearing good things about them (also by people here). To me they are super comfortable. I can wear them for long times and not really notice them. They also sound great, but I haven't heard the HD600/650/660s so I can't really offer any comparison there.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On the opposite end of @tikkerI haven't tried the Hifiman Sundara but have been using the Senny 650's for 3/4 years now. Sometimes for unhealthy amount of time (thanks quarantine...) with no discomfort at all.

What do you seek in headphone? I mean the sound signature. Want bass? Basshead? Treble? And what usage? Intimate or wide soundstage?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

Right, had enough of my crappy DT1770s breaking had three replacements headphones and this is the second time this pair have broken and going to need to go for repair.

Give me your recommendations £300 to £400 mark (about $500 ish for you yanks).

Looking for something which are incredibly comfortable as the beyerdyanmics can get uncomfortable after a while. Really liking the comfort of my Sony 1000mx3. Probably going to go open back as well.

So far looking at senny with the HD600, 650 or 660s.
Anyone got any other ideas.

660s is pretty great. Comfort wise and seeing your from Europe akgs are pretty reasonably priced up there. Have you considered the akg k712? I know it's below budget but I quite like it as a alternative to sennheiser and beyer and find akg to be generally more comfortable than most of the other 2 Brand's offerings. Another option could be the hifiman sundara which is  comfortable , and we'll built the thing is since it's planar can be heavy. Unfortunately both are pretty neutral unlike the 1770. If you are looking for a more bassy open back option the harmonicdyne zeus is really nice reasonably comfortable just got to try it pretty recently and really enjoyed my time with it as someone who likes a good amount of bass. Edit: just wanted to add 600,650,660 all have pretty heavy clamp for like the first 2 weeks then get very comfortable as you break it in.

22 hours ago, rice guru said:

harmonicdyne zeus

Dang now I want those. I realise headphones are about sound, but what a sexy pair of cans.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, tikker said:

Dang now I want those. I realise headphones are about sound, but what a sexy pair of cans.

Honestly they look more impressive than the. Hold actually seems. On hand feel is not as Impressive IMO. If you just want those for looks the harmonicdyne helios is basically the same build but just worse sound .