Why I have so many fps drops on FH3 with good system

Kaloyn_Nikolov

So i have a Forza Horizon 3, but when i start the game i have so many fps drop first sec- 100 fps, second sec- 3 fps, third sec- 5 fps, etc. And the weirdest part is that I cover the minimum system req.

specs:

i5 2500

r9 380 4gb

8 gb ram

My game setting: lowest 720p

Can someone tell me whats wrong

FH3 is CPU intensive. I am guessing game is also running from HDD?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

FH3 is CPU intensive. I am guessing game is also running from HDD?

yes

1 minute ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

yes

That is your problem. The HDD can't load the assets fast enough and you get stutters and frame drops.

To fix this, you should buy an SSD. If you have one, move the game to the SSD if you can.

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

That is your problem. The HDD can't load the assets fast enough and you get stutters and frame drops.

To fix this, you should buy an SSD. If you have one, move the game to the SSD if you can.

ok

11 minutes ago, Kaloyn_Nikolov said:

So i have a Forza Horizon 3, but when i start the game i have so many fps drop first sec- 100 fps, second sec- 3 fps, third sec- 5 fps, etc. And the weirdest part is that I cover the minimum system req.

specs:

i5 2500

r9 380 4gb

8 gb ram

My game setting: lowest 720p

Can someone tell me whats wrong

It's important to remember, as well, that minimum specs are a guideline, and mostly just imply that you can get it to run, but not necessarily *well*. The recommended specs are what the devs consider necessary for a good play experience.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Probably because it's a open world game it's harder for the HDD to load up the surroundings quickly. And since you're racing through the world, it needs to load it quicker then let's say a third person game.

Do you have something like GTA V and does that run fine?
FH3 does have some pretty decent graphics. I think your i5 sadly is a bottleneck since it's kind of old and has 4 cores, 4 threads.

8GB of RAM isn't enough to play FH3 properly, because the port is pretty poorly optimized. It would work well on 16GB of RAM, and FH4 should be fine on your PC - I used to play both on an old computer of mine - i5 3450, 16GB of RAM(FH3 stopped working when I went back to 8 temporarily), and a GTX 1060 3GB.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

2 hours ago, rkv_2401 said:

8GB of RAM isn't enough to play FH3 properly, because the port is pretty poorly optimized. It would work well on 16GB of RAM, and FH4 should be fine on your PC - I used to play both on an old computer of mine - i5 3450, 16GB of RAM(FH3 stopped working when I went back to 8 temporarily), and a GTX 1060 3GB.

I disagree. 8G RAM is enough if game and pagefile is on a SSD. I ran it perfectly fine on my 3570K (@4.5ghz) and HD7850 (1080p-medium high mix) for years, that being said, upgrading to 16G ram reduced stutters.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 hours ago, Levent said:

I disagree. 8G RAM is enough if game and pagefile is on a SSD. I ran it perfectly fine on my 3570K (@4.5ghz) and HD7850 (1080p-medium high mix) for years, that being said, upgrading to 16G ram reduced stutters.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that before. From my perspective, it was a game that ran fine on my desktop w/ 16GB of RAM and a hard drive, but when one of my sticks failed and I had to manage with 8GB of RAM for a couple of days, it was a stutterfest. FH3 wasn't playable on my laptop(specs in sig, had an SSD) either, but FH4 was - and can be played even on a laptop with 8GB RAM and a 5400RPM HDD - 

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD