My Little Corsair 350D rig

district_11

General purpose and downloading rig

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£166.99 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£60.66 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard:  Asus GRYPHON Z87 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£109.82 @ Ebuyer)
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£63.36 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (£99.49 @ Amazon UK)
Storage:  Western Digital Green 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£118.69 @ Amazon UK)
Case:  Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£84.96 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply:  Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£77.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit)  (£104.24 @ Ebuyer)
Case Fan:  Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition 37.9 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£11.99 @ Ebuyer)
Case Fan:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£10.98 @ Ebuyer)
Case Fan:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£10.98 @ Ebuyer)
Other: Asus Armor Kit for Gryphon Z87 TUF Thermal Armor  (Purchased For £30.99)
Other: Samsung S22C300H 22 Inch Series 3 HDMI Monitor.  (Purchased For £119.99)
Total: £1070.73
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-29 18:43 GMT+0000)

post-61207-0-53080900-1396118642_thumb.j

post-61207-0-86221500-1396118650_thumb.j

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

Nice and clean, love the color scheme!

(did you paint those fan rings yourself?)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Looking really good!

(PS: flip that PSU upside down)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Paint that ring of the watercooler! (H75?)

Looking really good!

Nice rig ;)

But why should he flip, looks better to me like that. The cables are so close to the grommet now.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Nice rig ;)

But why should he flip, looks better to me like that. The cables are so close to the grommet now.

Airflow, the fan would be facing the vent on the bottom which is made for that.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I don't think that makes that much of a difference without the graphics card.

Nice rig ;)

Why....because the heat from the psu will be exhausted into case so don't don't do it!!

Can't go wrong with those motherboard shields. They look awesome.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Hmm, somehow I think it'd make bugger all difference

edit: the psu fires air out the back @jinroh10

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Why....because the heat from the psu will be exhausted into case so don't don't do it!!

The PSU fan is sucking the hot air from the case and blowing it out the back

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Um, PSU's usually exaust from the back. That fan is intake.

Dammnit I was too slow :D 

Edited by Zeke

What do you mean by "downloading rig", just curious. I guess you are not using it for gaming due to the lack of GPU. 

Twitter | Steam |

:o That looks so clean.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Nice and clean, love the color scheme!

(did you paint those fan rings yourself?)

yeah

Looking really good!

no need. With no GPU there's no heat inside the system, other than what the CPU kicks out but the H75 deals with that. Also with such little power draw, the fan dosen't even spin

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

Paint that ring of the watercooler! (H75?)

I have considered it, but I've got no paint left, and they dont give you any extra's in the box which I would have preferred in case (when) I screw it up :D

What do you mean by "downloading rig", just curious. I guess you are not using it for gaming due to the lack of GPU. 

Torrents. my old cheap nasty prebuilt struggled unraring large files/playing 1080p content and copying them to my NAS at the same time. It also had literally NO upgradeability (other than adding more RAM) but it had a low end CPU in it anyway so I decided to ditch it and build my own.

Have an i7 with SLI 780 Classifieds in it for gaming anyway (there's a thread on here)

Oh yeah! That is fing sick!

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

isnt it overkill to have a watercooler on a general purpose computer? BTW nice computer

isnt it overkill to have a watercooler on a general purpose computer? BTW nice computer

yes :D

Going for the Z87 chipset and adding an SSD were overkill too.

but its only money.

Looks effing sweet man!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014