Was curious about Newegg Shuffle...

Motleyguts

Well that was deflating... forcing bundles, like the exact board I have but they're at msrp of $209 instead of the more reasonable value of $178 considering they're so desperate to move stock. Oh well. 1080P monitors bundled with 30xx GPUs. I suppose newegg couldn't get GPU stock w/o them also being forced into buying stock in other, harder to move products.

How often are these shuffles anyway? Every couple days? I suppose it could get better?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - NH-D14

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB (4 x 3800 14-15-15-35-50-1T)

GPU: Nvidia Reference GTX Titan X

they do a shuffle every couple days its random'ish. Also i already said the same thing about the stupid bundles its really annoying, but I'm starting to think its to discourage scalpers because now you have to sell a GPU which is easy but also another item that is pretty common and not very high spec so it is harder to justify the wasted time in selling the second item.

47 minutes ago, Motleyguts said:

Well that was deflating... forcing bundles, like the exact board I have but they're at msrp of $209 instead of the more reasonable value of $178 considering they're so desperate to move stock. Oh well. 1080P monitors bundled with 30xx GPUs. I suppose newegg couldn't get GPU stock w/o them also being forced into buying stock in other, harder to move products.

How often are these shuffles anyway? Every couple days? I suppose it could get better?

I Watched a video on this.  It was also not encouraging.  Every retailer has stock that doesn’t move and represents potential loss.  “Write offs” such things are often called.  Being able to move worthless products represents massive potential financial gain.  I would become quite worried about the quality level of the other products.  It’s not merely that you may not want or need one of these other types of devices, but that they might also be losers in their field. They’re generally accounted for in their margins.  I’m wondering how bad the other products may be that they are force bundling with.  Bundling does have an advantage against scalpers and miners because they have no use for the other equipment.  I personally would potentially have use for a monitor/gpu combo, because win10 murdered my 1440p monitor forcing me to reduce to 1080p.  To run a modern card I would need a new monitor as well.  A 1080p monitor being bundled with a large GPU that would actually run it poorly is not an example of attempting to defend against predatory forces though.  I would worry that not only might that 1080p monitor not be useful with a new gpu, but that it’s probably also a low value “write off” one as well

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yeah, I have use for a suitable 30xx GPU and QHD monitor, but on my own terms, so I'll just have to keep an eye out. I just thought it was interesting. If the bundles aren't exactly what you're looking for, I feel there's more incentive to become the reseller, just to make someone else's day, and a little extra pocket money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - NH-D14

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB (4 x 3800 14-15-15-35-50-1T)

GPU: Nvidia Reference GTX Titan X

@Motleyguts - these bundles are often not the fault of the retailer. Wholesalers/distributers are requiring retailers/system integrators to purchase of multiple motherboards (or other slower moving stock) simple to order a single 30-series GPU in locations around the world. Bit of a crappy practice by the wholesaler/distributor but I don't really blame the retailer for bundling even if it is often less than desirable for the end user.