Extra power port on motherboard?

Ive got this extra power port on my motherboard and im wondering.. What is this for?  ( Red circle top-left ) I plan to do some decent overclocking so should I use it?

3 minutes ago, Celestron said:

Ive got this extra power port on my motherboard and im wondering.. What is this for?  ( Red circle top-left ) I plan to do some decent overclocking so should I use it?

For high overclocking, no need to plug in in for normal use or normal overclocks. If you'd do LN2, then you might need it.

It's an extra 4-pin 12-volt pin. Whether you need it or not is entirely dependent on your hardware and uses. Overclocking a Ryzen 5? Don't bother. Overclocking a Ryzen 9? Maybe. But only if your PSU can actually supply the power. Many PSUs only have an 8-pin connector. But if your PSU has both an 8 and 4 (12V, not to be confused with 6 or 8 or 6+2 pin PCIE power), then there's no harm in using it. If your PSU only has an 8-pin CPU/EPS power connector, though, then that's all you should use. Don't try to find an adapter or something to fill the extra 4-pin just for the sake of filling it.

Thank you. Its a 5950x that will get a mild overclocking using the DarkHero's dynamic OC. On a RM850x Psu. Next time I open it up ill see if it has the extra 4 pin connector.