Suggest privacy/safe extensions/apps/Browsers on here

emorr

Add-ons i useHTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, ClearURLs, uBlock Origin, Kaspersky Protection, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Universial Bypass, Kaspersky Password Manager, Change User-Agent Setting, Decentraleyes (or LocalCDN), Cookie Auto Delete, Multi Account Containers, User-Agent Switcher and manager, Temprorary containers.

Apps i use:T-Mac, File Shredder, Zemana Anti Logger, Kaspersky Antivirüs, KeePass

Browsers i use:Tor, Ungoogled Chromium, DuckDuckgo (search engine), Firefox, Brave, Epic Privacy Browser, LibreWolf. 

Pls Suggest outside of these :D.

Replace Kaspersky Password Manager with an open-source alternative. Bitwarden if you need your passwords to sync online; KeePass if you don't.

Kaspersky comes across to me as a pretty sketchy company, and their products are completely proprietary so there's no telling what you're doing with your data - not exactly privacy-friendly

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

16 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Replace Kaspersky Password Manager with an open-source alternative. Bitwarden if you need your passwords to sync online; KeePass if you don't.

Kaspersky comes across to me as a pretty sketchy company, and their products are completely proprietary so there's no telling what you're doing with your data - not exactly privacy-friendly

Ok :D.

for Chrome-like browsers: Disconnect. Behind the Overlay.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

All I have is privacy badger, ublock origin, and lastpass.

Firefox already has https everywhere and auto cookie delete so I don't know why you need add-ons for those.

Seems like you are better off not using the internet at all if you are that paranoid.

7 hours ago, dilpickle said:

All I have is privacy badger, ublock origin, and lastpass.

Firefox already has https everywhere and auto cookie delete so I don't know why you need add-ons for those.

Seems like you are better off not using the internet at all if you are that paranoid.

I use Firefox (auto cookie delete enabled and privacy settings set to Standard (Strict breaks too many websites) with Disconnect and Disable WebRTC extensions on Linux with a VPN. I'm a bit of a paranoid parrot, but I'm comfortable with this level of protection, and it's probably a bit overkill. Anything more than this would only be for people who would end up in prison or worse due to their browsing activities, like people in Iran, China, actual criminals, etc.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy