M1 MacbookAir Keyboard MAJOR Issue

So, I recently got an M1 MacBook Air, 16/512 GBs. I'm extremely happy so far, it's fast, quiet (obviously...), efficient, and sexy af. Couldn't ask for more from a laptop. Really. 

Just one tiny, itty bitty little problem. The right Shift key is 'stuck'. 

Alright, what do I mean stuck? Not physically. The key is perfectly fine, as is the laptop itself, I've barely touched the machine in the little less than a month that I'm using it. 

I take care of my things, I've had computers last me with proper maintenance and care (both hardware and software wise) for up to 10 years. I am a Data Analyst and Algorithm 

designer, with coding background. I've also built 3 computers by myself, and have some experience with low level stuff as well. Not an expert though.

Since yesterday (mind you, I'm the only one that uses this MBA), I've encountered some strange behaviour, and not infrequently. 

It all started when I try to log in (I had shut the machine down) and it needed my password, which I failed 5 times (I swear, I'm not dumb), before I realised that the keyboard was not registering the keys I was typing. I figured out through the "Reset your password through AppleID" screen that I was typing only Caps, and that the numbers were not showing up, but instead !@#$%^... So I figured, oh shit I pressed too hard the Shift key and screwed something up. Not exactly. Closing the lid and reopening it, "fixed the problem", because it disabled the right shift. I typed my password, got in, and starting googling. 

That's when I realised my right Shift isn't working, because it didn't capitalise or shift anything, yet when I clicked something while browsing it added it to my reading list (I use safari so Shift + click = add to reading list), which was HELLA ANNOYING. That's not all. In seemingly random intervals, all the good progress was again and again becoming undone, going back to the Caps Lock phase, where the right shift key was making everything caps. Only solution for that one is to close the lid and reopen it (now because I'm logged in, I can use TouchID). 

Here's the rub: When it's all capitals, using the right Shift has no effect, i.e. capitals + shift  = still capitals. Also, pressing caps lock, i.e. capitals + caps lock + stuck Shift = still capitals. 

I'm smelling a software issue, because I refuse to believe that Apple makes that easily failing keyboards (butterflies anyone?! not anymore!). 

Haven't seen my MBA in it's natural state since then, and I'm truly frustrated. I'm gonna remap my right Shift and disable it, to not have the Shift+click unwanted functionalities, as I can't seem to solve this problem. I have found other people having the same (albeit some with the fn key) problems as well, though not many, and therefore no help. 

What do I do? I'm covered by warranty ofc, but I think someone should raise this issue a bit higher, so that it reaches Apple's ears. 

Any ideas? Thanks for your time, sorry for the long text

tl;dr: Probably another case of a keyboard bug with MacBooks. 

Yup. Warranty -> Use it. Don't waste your own Time, let the manufacturer/store fix the Issue for you.

There is always the possibility of a defect, for any Product out there.

I haven't ever heared of a similar Problem, and mine doesn't have it either.