help with ikea custom desk

omniO

is it possible to get a karbly kitchen counter top with the alex drawers and still be able to adjust the height? do you need a certain bracket? is this even possible? also do you need a bracket for the desks with drawers?

Yeah just go to ikea and purchase them separately.

Get an Olov adjustable feet or finvaard.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah just go to ikea and purchase them separately.

Get an Olov adjustable feet or finvaard.

does this work with the alex drawers? will i be able to adjust the height?

What do you mean work? You can buy them separately and make it work by yourself.

Yes you can adjust the height, just read the min / max height, see if it suits you.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

What do you mean work? You can buy them separately and make it work by yourself.

Yes you can adjust the height, just read the min / max height, see if it suits you.

I'm sorry, this is what I mean: I want to be able to adjust the height occasionally like you can with standing desks and I wanted to know if I could achieve this even if I went the drawer route

5 minutes ago, omniO said:

I'm sorry, this is what I mean: I want to be able to adjust the height occasionally like you can with standing desks and I wanted to know if I could achieve this even if I went the drawer route

The drawer just sits under the desk on the floor. If you want standing desk options just get legs that allow you to move it up or down.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The drawer just sits under the desk on the floor. If you want standing desk options just get legs that allow you to move it up or down.

I might do that. to be honest I just wanted the drawers because I thought they might offer more stability and allow me to put my computer on top of the desk with my two monitors

"adjustable" can be 2 things, auto or manual.

Auto adjustable like motorized or hydraulic is very expensive.

Manual look like this. You have to flip the table to adjust the feet.

3 minutes ago, omniO said:

I might do that. to be honest I just wanted the drawers because I thought they might offer more stability and allow me to put my computer on top of the desk with my two monitors

You can't have both. Either you get an adjustable desk on legs. Or you get a piece of wood that is put on drawers. It's an either or not both situation in terms of putting it on something.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You can't have both. Either you get an adjustable desk on legs. Or you get a piece of wood that is put on drawers. It's an either or not both situation in terms of putting it on something.

I see, thank you

I would like to apologize. We aren't allowed to give good directions. 

Place top on bottom. Glue to cabinet. Put jack under. Lift.

/s

I couldn't resist avoiding an Ikea thread.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

-> Moved to Off Topic

No idea what part of this is "tech".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv