Amazon is being scum?

So I redeemed a gift card on one of my amazon accounts... I tried to buy minecraft java with it and it gives me this:image.thumb.png.1873996a36bca434d2f03b8dd71530d0.png

Its not a region issue because I was able to start the order on another account, and although it says quantity 0 I did put in quantity as 1. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? (I can order other things just fine, its specifically this that gives an issue)

I'm not sure, but it could be in the terms that discount codes can't be used for digital items. You would need to check though. Is it possible to test it on an actual physical item?

3 minutes ago, The Milk Man said:

So I redeemed a gift card on one of my amazon accounts... I tried to buy minecraft java with it and it gives me this:

Its not a region issue because I was able to start the order on another account, and although it says quantity 0 I did put in quantity as 1. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? (I can order other things just fine, its specifically this that gives an issue)

Just contact Amazon support. They are usually quite good in resolving issues in a favorable manner. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

2 minutes ago, FRD said:

I'm not sure, but it could be in the terms that discount codes can't be used for digital items. You would need to check though. Is it possible to test it on an actual physical item?

The gift card works on both physical and digital items, just not this specific item.

They might consider it to be another gift card, which you are not allowed to spend it on:

Limitations.

Your Amazon.com Balance cannot be used to purchase other Gift Cards, prepaid open loop cards, or certain third-party gift cards.

In any case, I would try contacting customer support and see what they say.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, Analog said:

Just contact Amazon support. They are usually quite good in resolving issues in a favorable manner. 

I was trying to figure out how to do this but couldn't find an e-mail or anything. How could I contact them?

Just now, The Milk Man said:

The gift card works on both physical and digital items, just not this specific item.

I see, my bad. Like said before, try to contact Amazon. Usually they will have a good solution in your favor.

1 minute ago, The Milk Man said:

I was trying to figure out how to do this but couldn't find an e-mail or anything. How could I contact them?

image.thumb.png.591bf53b3d7bbaf17e7908d2be91ca06.png

Needless to say, you will need to be logged into your profile. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

image.thumb.png.591bf53b3d7bbaf17e7908d2be91ca06.png

thanks, I'll contact them and see what they say