AppleCare+ can now be extended beyond 3 years

hishnash
14 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

rossman's business is dependent on people going to him over other repair services, including Apple's own.

you ... are aware that he is not capable of servicing every single apple product on planet earth all at the same time and can only do what he and a few employees can do in a small shop , yes? and he already has more business than he can even handle. 

I would agree with the bias if it were possible that he had limited business or if he had the capacity to then service every product on earth.

14 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

I've been an apple customer for over 40 years

i think that may explain quite a bit

1 hour ago, emosun said:

you ... are aware that he is not capable of servicing every single apple product on planet earth all at the same time and can only do what he and a few employees can do in a small shop , yes? and he already has more business than he can even handle. 

I would agree with the bias if it were possible that he had limited business or if he had the capacity to then service every product on earth.

It's still possible for Rossmann to be biased despite his business capacity, and too many people here worship at his feet in part because he fuels their anti-Apple fantasies (merited or otherwise).

Really, though, the AppleCare+ extension is good news whether or not you like Apple's repairability or support policies. Most tech companies have a hard cutoff when the warranty expires; this gives you a way to soften the blow until you're actually ready to upgrade, at least if you're genuinely worried you'll break something. I certainly wouldn't extend AppleCare+ for, say, a five-year-old iMac.

1 minute ago, Commodus said:

Really, though, the AppleCare+ extension is good news whether or not you like Apple's repairability or support policies.

I suppose that's where I would deviate as really they could extend it 100 years but their track record of warranty and repair practices deems the news hollow unless they actually do as they say.

Again , literally nothing stopping them from telling people to kick rocks even with the warranty. 

frankly if Apple can deny me a repair that is included in one of their o so amazing "extended" warranties, that most probably only exist because of major lawsuit, on my iMac's screen back in 2010, the last thing i'll ever do is believe that any apple will keep their word on what they offer with their Apple Care products.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>