worth it to mine dogecoin for the memes?

I have a couple of old laptops that i don't use, and want to mine with. I don't have to pay for electricity, that is covered, and just want to make a little $.

Here are the specs of the laptops in question:

One has an i3 5020u, 6gb ram, igpu, running windows 10

another has an amd turion 2 (don't entirely know which one) (it came in an hp dv6) with some crappy radeon dedicated graphics running ubuntu. 

What could I reasonably expect to make per day? I have no costs to me. 

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

if it doesn't cost you anything, just mine with them.

Or sell them and invest that money in dogecoin, that's probably faster 😄

That way you can ride it to the moon with little effort.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

if it doesn't cost you anything, just mine with them.

Or sell them and invest that money in dogecoin, that's probably faster 😄

That way you can ride it to the moon with little effort.

ya im just gonna mine and not sell them because it's not really worth my time and I would like to keep the i3 one at least

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

Doesn't doge use sha256 or something? It's not asic resistant I think, so you're not gonna get anything mining on your PC

Edit: o, nope I'm wrong

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Doesn't doge use sha256 or something? It's not asic resistant I think, so you're not gonna get anything mining on your PC

Edit: o, nope I'm wrong

ok, say, I didn't think so

2 minutes ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

ya im just gonna mine and not sell them because it's not really worth my time and I would like to keep the i3 one at least

Thou hast inspired me - I'll join in too. I'll have to CPU mine though - GPUs are F@H only.

Perhaps we could join the same pool.

elephants

28 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Thou hast inspired me - I'll join in too. I'll have to CPU mine though - GPUs are F@H only.

Perhaps we could join the same pool.

I'd be down, I just have to setup nicehash, although I'm not sure how the linux laptop will fare in the whole mining process.

6 hours ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

I'd be down, I just have to setup nicehash, although I'm not sure how the linux laptop will fare in the whole mining process.

Before you get to into it you'll have to check on compatibility. A lot of the easier solutions like nicehash only stay up to date on profitable hardware.

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

11 hours ago, j1philli said:

Before you get to into it you'll have to check on compatibility. A lot of the easier solutions like nicehash only stay up to date on profitable hardware.

mm ok, I will check. any other mining software that is more compatible with less-profitable hardware that ya know of?

Yeah nicehash quickminer tends to want a GPU with 5-6GB VRAM minimum due to DAG size now.

Just now, artuc said:

Yeah nicehash quickminer tends to want a GPU with 5-6GB VRAM minimum due to DAG size now.

dang. I'll have to look around then. I wasn't planning to gpu mine, only cpu as the igpu and dedicated gpu's suck

20 minutes ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

dang. I'll have to look around then. I wasn't planning to gpu mine, only cpu as the igpu and dedicated gpu's suck

Yeah well I believe nicehash quickminer is ETH algo but you get paid out in BTC.

There is a CPU mining option (monero algo IIRC) however due to the tiny payouts it would take you a long while to accumulate enough to meet minimums to transfer out of nicehash to get your hands on it.

I don't bother on top of my GPU as the extra power use and thermals is quite possibly losing money on nicehash with my setup and electricity costs.

There is Nicehash miner but haven't  used it so don't know if it's feasible.

Unfortunately don't know what the options are for low end gear. There may be some low difficult coin that's fairly unknown you could mine.

Maybe something like Nerva ?

On 4/22/2021 at 6:04 AM, Dillpickle23422 said:

mm ok, I will check. any other mining software that is more compatible with less-profitable hardware that ya know of?

Doing it yourself and not using a utility will allow you to do whatever you want. I always thought that you couldn't mine Doge with CPU or GPU because you couldn't with litecoin. So if this is the case and you could actually find a way to do it. It would take you years to even accumulate 1 doge. So i've always assumed getting an asic was the only option cause you can mine litecoin and doge at the same time. That's about as far as I've looked into it though. Good luck in your research

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

On 4/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, Dillpickle23422 said:

Mine Monero for a month and convert it to Dogecoin on any exchange/flipper.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD