EVGA 750 Ti Maxwell review/ budget build/ unboxing (video)

Marquee

The all new GTX 750 Ti from Nvidia use the much anticipated Maxwell architecture.  Maxwell is a very refined kepler based design. The improvements in Maxwell helped reduce heat and power consumption so much that most 750 Ti's don't need a 6- pin power from the PSU. 

9857720_orig.jpg

Maxwell has increased how much cache is on-board the chip to a wooping 2 mbs L2 from 256 kbs. That 8 times more L2 cache in Maxwell compared to kepler. The other major improvements comes in the way of SM and control logic. In Kepler one control logic would manage 192 SM's in Maxwell each control logic manages 32 SM's. This has allowed for more efficient managing of routing information and call from SM. Nvidia has on top all this managed to increase and add two more blocks to the count of SM's. This tiny little card packs quite the punch. 

4339934_orig.jpg

EVGA 750 Ti.

The EVGA variant of this card is one of the smaller 750 Ti's out there when it comes to size. With a card that has 60 W TDP there is no need for an over the top sized cooler for a stock card. EVGA does a great job with there design. The EVGA 750 Ti is one of a few 750 Tis out there right now that have Display port. This is interesting because so many Nvidia technology needs display port in order to be enabled.  

On the rear I/O you fined a large cut out for the heat-sink, dual link DVI, HDMI, and display port out. The card comes in EVGA fashion true black PCB with a power coated black PCI bracket. The design of the card is dual slot design. 

9753855.jpg1588752.jpg

Our 750 Ti build was budget build coming just over $700. We started off with AMD X6 6300 six core CPU, matched that up with an ASUS M5A97 mother board. We gave our system 8 GB of dual channel RAM from ADATA XPG line up. Fitted it out with 1 TB Western Digital blue drive and the EVGA 750 Ti. We put all of this inside a Thermal Master TC-101 case with 500 W OEM PSU.  Here are the benchmark number from 3D Mark 2013.

7783622.jpg
9123182.jpg

3941833.png
9120484.png
6903911.png

I hope you enjoyed this quick briefing and time lapse build with the Nvidia 750 Ti

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod

Phthonos - The Xbox Killer?

I've been thinking about doing a similar build, but i've been thinking about going with a Palit stormx dual fan gtx 750 ti... Should I go with the EVGA one or the Palit? Just want your opinion.

So I can put anything here?

I've been thinking about doing a similar build, but i've been thinking about going with a Palit stormx dual fan gtx 750 ti... Should I go with the EVGA one or the Palit? Just want your opinion.

I would go with the EVGA version in the same price bracket. The reason for that is because the EVGA card has display port which can be used for more of Nvidia's features. Plus the Palit design has a VGA out, who uses VGA out on a $200 GPU?

looks like a baby acx. :D I LIKE IT!

The build quality and finish on this card is mind blowing for the price. 

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod

Is the PCI bracket painted black?!?!? Most high-end cards don't even have one!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I didn't watch the whole video and didn't hit the like button like they asked as all they showed was synthetic benchmarks. Stop wasting my time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Is the PCI bracket painted black?!?!? Most high-end cards don't even have one!

Its not painted, its even better. Black textured power coating.

I didn't watch the whole video and didn't hit the like button like they asked as all they showed was synthetic benchmarks. Stop wasting my time.

I am sorry I had less then 24 hours to buy components, assumable and ship out. What would you like to see as benchmarks as I am getting ready to do anther system that is slightly more expensive then this one. 

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod

Its not painted, its even better. Black textured power coating.

I am sorry I had less then 24 hours to buy components, assumable and ship out. What would you like to see as benchmarks as I am getting ready to do anther system that is slightly more expensive then this one. 

You just made me have to change my underwear. That is one sexy little beast of a little card.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This is amazing!

Though I do like the FTW edition.

I also like the Asus OC one, too.