Yeah I need help building a pc

Budget (including currency): 3500-4000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming all sorts of crap

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So essentially I want to start streaming and gaming at a high quality so 3500$ is the budget but if you have better stuff to recomend then I can go to 4000$ so I barely know anything about pc building so if anyone can recomend a company or just parts thx.

7 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

Budget (including currency): 3500-4000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming all sorts of crap

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So essentially I want to start streaming and gaming at a high quality so 3500$ is the budget but if you have better stuff to recomend then I can go to 4000$ so I barely know anything about pc building so if anyone can recomend a company or just parts thx.

would you be comfortable building the pc yourself? or do you have a friend that would help because that would decide if a prebuilt from someone like ibuypower or building yourself would be a good idea.

Just now, rowdyjosh02 said:

would you be comfortable building the pc yourself? or do you have a friend that would help because that would decide if a prebuilt from someone like ibuypower or building yourself would be a good idea.

I can build it myself but it would be my first build lol I have been using a laptop and second monitor for a few years and want to get my first desktop

11 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

I can build it myself but it would be my first build lol I have been using a laptop and second monitor for a few years and want to get my first desktop

here is a good pc the only issue being the cpu and gpu will be hard to get at a reasonable price therefore maybe going for the 5800x would be a good choice as I'm pretty sure they are usually available more often than the 5900 and 5950x, that being said you will get less cores but should be perfectly fine. The graphics card on the other hand will be a absolute pain in the bum to get. so that's why even though the overall price of the system is cheaper than your budget that should be able to accommodate the possible inflated prices aswell as a good keyboard mic, mouse ect for your streaming needs.

EDIT: Change the drive from 5400 to 7200rpm. i didnt see that when i chose it my bad

5 minutes ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

here is a good pc the only issue being the cpu and gpu will be hard to get at a reasonable price therefore maybe going for the 5800x would be a good choice as I'm pretty sure they are usually available more often than the 5900 and 5950x, that being said you will get less cores but should be perfectly fine. The graphics card on the other hand will be a absolute pain in the bum to get. so that's why even though the overall price of the system is cheaper than your budget that should be able to accommodate the possible inflated prices aswell as a good keyboard mic, mouse ect for your streaming needs.

so like I can up the price just saying like I can go a little bit more balls to the wall if you have anything

3 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

so like I can up the price just saying like I can go a little bit more balls to the wall if you have anything

Or a good pre built pc

22 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

Or a good pre built pc

Do you want an RTX 3090? It won't be good value

1 minute ago, Zongohihello said:

Do you want an RTX 3090? It won't be good value

No I am just looking for a decent pre built preferably RTX 3080 but willing to do RTX 3070

32 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

Well good luck then, because i understand you can go balls to the walls but im factoring in the up lift in price for the 3080 due to the shortage, if you really want to then go a 5950x but as i say again, good luck finding one because i highly doubt you will

3 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

No I am just looking for a decent pre built preferably RTX 3080 but willing to do RTX 3070

And hold on i thought you want to go balls to the wall in that case why consider a 3070, yes you could buy a prebuilt im just saying usually its better to build it as you know what happens to the pc throughout the build as your building it.

And i was also lowering the price so you can get a lot of streaming gear to add on

19 minutes ago, NearIdiotic said:

I'm no expert but here is what I would do.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/cart/editsystem.aspx?id=13529880

5900X

Lian Li PC011 Dynamic Razer Edition

6 RGB Fans

Thermaltake 360MM AIO

1TB Gen 4 Aorus+2TB HDD

32GB (8x4) GSkill Trident z RGB

Asus Tuf X570 Plus Gaming Wifi

Windows 10 Home

Corsair RM850

Black Cable Extensions

RTX 3080

Total $3458

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Henry2026 said:

You can put the hard drives in Raid 0,1,or 6. If you add another hard drive. 

Do you mean RAID 5? RAID 6 requires at least 4 drives and makes parity for 2 drives. RAID 5 requires at least 3 drives and makes parity for one drive.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:31 PM, Zongohihello said:

Do you mean RAID 5? RAID 6 requires at least 4 drives and makes parity for 2 drives. RAID 5 requires at least 3 drives and makes parity for one drive.

Sorry, RAID 5