What BIOS settings should I change on the ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero?

Go to solution Solved by Chris Pratt,

BIOS isn't like Windows. You should pretty much leave it alone unless you have a reason to change something. If you want to OC, for example, you'll eventually probably tweak some stuff there for the CPU, power limits, etc., but you do that as part of the OC, not just randomly.

I got the ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and currently the BIOS is on version Version 3401. What settings should I change?

I think that the default settings aren't the most optimal, just like how Windows's default settings aren't the most optimal.

I was able to adjust the fan curve and switch the memory frequency to DDR4-3200, but those are the only settings I have changed.

Can someone tell me what settings I should change? Maybe a helpful video which tells me the best optimizations? Or should I just leave it as is?

Here are my specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
  • Memory: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (Model Version: F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR)
  • GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB (THIS IS TEMPORARY!! AMD doesn't have integrated graphics. Waiting for the 3080 Ti to release)
  • Motherboard: ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS Version: 3401)
  • PSU: ASUS Rog Thor 1200

BIOS isn't like Windows. You should pretty much leave it alone unless you have a reason to change something. If you want to OC, for example, you'll eventually probably tweak some stuff there for the CPU, power limits, etc., but you do that as part of the OC, not just randomly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse