Different size and brand of case fans

Wrohi

My current case (Corsair 275R) has these available slots for fans: 

• Front: 2 x 140mm or 3 x 120mm
  • Rear: 1 x 120mm
  • Top: 1 x 140mm or 3 x 120mm

Which variation would be the best? I'm thinking about going top all 140mm, front all 140mm and rear 120mm because only this size is available. Is it ok? Will it produce less noise and better cooling than having 3x at front and top? If this variation is OK I have next question - does it matter what company/brand the 120mm rear exhaust will be?

More fans = more noise. So unless you must for some reason have more fans (= you have both CPU and GPU AIO cooled), there's no point in filling all spots.

Have all front filled with intake and single rear exhaust. Thats enough for now. You can always add fans if needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

More fans = more noise. So unless you must for some reason have more fans (= you have both CPU and GPU AIO cooled), there's no point in filling all spots.

Have all front filled with intake and single rear exhaust. Thats enough for now. You can always add fans if needed.

Can you recommend RGB fan that has low noise and good performance (comparable with noctuas)? I was about to get noctua and some RGB frames for it but that would cost pretty good money (like whole ryzen 2600).

39 minutes ago, Wrohi said:

Can you recommend RGB fan that has low noise and good performance (comparable with noctuas)? I was about to get noctua and some RGB frames for it but that would cost pretty good money (like whole ryzen 2600).

I don't use RGB fans myself, so I don't have go-to. Corsair ML series is good, but also pricey and you are going into Corsair ecosystem. upHere is good brand of the cheaper options. Just make sure you get pack which uses standard connectors as in is compatible with mobo controls.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can add a phanteks halo rgb to any fan and get rgb,But they work best on a white or clear blade fans.Look up noiseblocker fans they are better then noctua and can come in rgb now.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:17 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Does it matter if I get different brand fans for top,rear, front? For example front arctic and rear, top noctua?

2 minutes ago, Wrohi said:

Does it matter if I get different brand fans for top,rear, front? For example front arctic and rear, top noctua?

Not really. Brand does not matter. Type/model matters a bit, so do cfm and noise numbers, but those can't be directly compared.

Model tells where the fan is supposed to go. Airflow fans are good as exhaust or case fans overall in places where there's space on both sides. Static pressure fans are better for heatsinks, radiators and when you are trying to push air through something with no room.

CFM tells how much air fan is actually pushing. Its not standardized number, so it can't be compared as is between brands. But it can be looked against how much noise fan is said to be making. Less noise for more CFM is good. But usually you are gonna trade higher CFM to more noise.

So example of brands not mattering. I have 2x Fractal fans as intakes. They aren't even same model of Fractal. I have Bitfenix as exhaust. And 2x Noctuas on CPU cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Not really. Brand does not matter. Type/model matters a bit, so do cfm and noise numbers, but those can't be directly compared.

Model tells where the fan is supposed to go. Airflow fans are good as exhaust or case fans overall in places where there's space on both sides. Static pressure fans are better for heatsinks, radiators and when you are trying to push air through something with no room.

CFM tells how much air fan is actually pushing. Its not standardized number, so it can't be compared as is between brands. But it can be looked against how much noise fan is said to be making. Less noise for more CFM is good. But usually you are gonna trade higher CFM to more noise.

So example of brands not mattering. I have 2x Fractal fans as intakes. They aren't even same model of Fractal. I have Bitfenix as exhaust. And 2x Noctuas on CPU cooler.

Thanks! arctic p14 vs f14, what is the difference? which should I get if I have no radiator?

8 minutes ago, Wrohi said:

Thanks! arctic p14 vs f14, what is the difference? which should I get if I have no radiator?

P14 is pressure optimized so for radiators and heatsinks. F14 is high-airflow. So its good all-around fan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

P14 is pressure optimized so for radiators and heatsinks. F14 is high-airflow. So its good all-around fan.

I watched couple videos where they recommend the P14 over F14 as all-around, are they right?

15 minutes ago, Wrohi said:

I watched couple videos where they recommend the P14 over F14 as all-around, are they right?

They are pretty similar either way. F14 has more rpm and in theory moved more air. But P14 is meant for situations where concentrated airflow is key. So at the same time, for case fans doesn't matter, more radiator/heatsink, P14 is better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Wrohi said:

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

They are pretty similar either way. F14 has more rpm and in theory moved more air. But P14 is meant for situations where concentrated airflow is key. So at the same time, for case fans doesn't matter, more radiator/heatsink, P14 is better.

The P14 has a newer motor and is a better fan overall. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.