Which is better for 144hz gaming? VA or IPS? 24" or 27"?

Hi 

Guys I have a dell g3 3590 and I can get 100+ fps on majority on the games I play. So to get the most out of my machine I decided to get a monitor. Now I am stuck between a couple of choices and need guidance. I am stuck between Gigabyte G27f ( 144hz, IPS, 27"), Asus Tuf VG249Q1R ( 144hz, upto 165hz, IPS panel, 24")  and MSI optix series( 144hz with curved displays all 27" options).

I would appreciate it if any one could help me decide the best option among all of these considering it will be used a primary display for a laptop setup.😇 

TIA

12 minutes ago, Mursal said:

Hi 

Guys I have a dell g3 3590 and I can get 100+ fps on majority on the games I play. So to get the most out of my machine I decided to get a monitor. Now I am stuck between a couple of choices and need guidance. I am stuck between Gigabyte G27f ( 144hz, IPS, 27"), Asus Tuf VG249Q1R ( 144hz, upto 165hz, IPS panel, 24")  and MSI optix series( 144hz with curved displays all 27" options).

I would appreciate it if any one could help me decide the best option among all of these considering it will be used a primary display for a laptop setup.😇 

TIA

VA and IPS panels are both fine. If you want the best viewing angles, and the (usually) best color accuracy, go ips. Almost all the time if you're looking for something else, such as a curved monitor, a faster response time, this or that, I'd recommend a VA panel usually. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

In general, IPS is better for gaming because they have better response times than VA (don't just look what the manufacturer says, read up actual reviews, VA might have lower RT for specific transitions, but on average they'll be worse than a comparable IPS screen), but...

• cheap IPS panels sometimes use 6bit color depth instead of your standard 8bit, so colors look much worse
  • I don't think there are any curved 27" IPS Displays out there, so if you want to go for curved, you'll be limited to VA
  • IPS panels most of the time have a lower peak brightness
  • I'm using 2 curved VA screens right now and to me there is no visible ghosting on either of them, unless you're a competitive E-Sports gamer, a VA will typically be just fine

As for 24" vs. 27", it depends on the resolution you want to game at. 24" usually only come at 1080p, while 27" are available in both 1080p and 1440p. At 1080p, a 27" may look a bit pixelated unless you're sitting far away from the screen. But 1440p will put a lot more stress on your GPU and you might not get the same 100+ fps. 

IPS can be slow and not be so great if a worse IPS panel is used.

VA has a lot more contrast like 3000:1 than 1000:1 from IPS.

Good IPS panels should however be a lot better to use if for gaming, were if the panel has a good overdrive setting, keeping good picture at higher HZ and higher or lower FPS (some only "works" at the highest or the lower FPS scale to the rated HZ). Also that VA can have smearing due to their panel type, which can be very noticable. IPS have their own issues like light bleed through the screen and lower brightness unless you get a more expensive monitor.

Soon there will be more MiniLED monitors that I think would often under the IPS? Not too sure, and OLED, which isn't exactly what I would want for a monitor.